Home Remedies For Dry Skin : Dry skin is a condition when your skin gets dried up or dehydrated, forming bright and dry patches besides giving it a sense of irritation or itchiness. If left untreated, it may advance to dermatitis. Since it is a very common problem, it is important that you keep yourself updated on how to treat dry skin and the ways to prevent it too. HNBT gives you this time the best remedy for dry skin. But before learning the remedies, it is really crucial for you to first know the factors that have been stimulating this problem.
What Causes Dry Skin?
1. Lack of water content in body
Obviously, this is the topmost reason why this problem really occurs. When your body is not supplied with the sufficient amount of water, one of the most obvious effects will be dehydration of the skin. Meaning, it gets dried up. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day (2 Liters) to keep your skin and body well hydrated.
Also read : 9 Moisturizer Mistakes You Are Committing!
Normally, your skin is driest during the winter due to the drop in the temperature and also humidity. It is also proven that many existing skin conditions worsen in winter. So definitely, weather is another major factor that causes dryness.
Also read : How To Get Rid Of Body Odor?
3. Exposure to sun
This is one of the common causes. Your skin will surely dry up when is exposed to the sun for a long time. And the damage from the Ultraviolet (UV) radiation can cause not only dryness, but also adds wrinkles, sunburn and sagging. Repeated exposures may also lead to development of skin cancers.
Also read : How To Treat And Prevent Sunburn?
4. Hot baths and shower
Many people mistaken hot baths as one of the ways to treat dry skin. But the truth is a prolonged exposure to especially hot water holds a high risk of washing of the natural oil of the skin that is essential for the protection of the same. And if you sense any tightness after a hot bath, that’s a symptom of dry skin already.
Also read : Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Body Acne
5. Soaps and detergents
They tend to steal away all the natural oil and water from your skin leaving your skin dry. Not only that, using too much of shampoo on your scalp also leaves your scalp dry, which then leads to one of the worst kind of dilemmas, dandruffs. Remember that only the hands, feet, groin, underarms and the neck will need some work of soap on them. The rest of the body parts would do with just rinsing off.
Also read : Yoga To Get a Glowing Skin Naturally
6. Medical conditions.
This is also one of the major causes. Few common illness and diseases like hyperthyroidism, psoriasis, diabetes or dermatitis can lead to this problem too. There are also few other medical conditions, be it minor or critical that triggers it. This however should be consulted with a doctor for reconfirmation. You can also get some good medications from the doctor that helps in treating very dry skin.
How To Treat Dry Skin Problem?
Here are some remedies by HNBT on how to cure dry skin. Try out our remedies to get soft and moist skin within weeks.
- Definitely plenty of water. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. It should be more than enough to keep you skin well hydrated.
- Choose the right soaps. Always go for soaps that are mild and fragrance-free. And avoid using soaps that contain deodorant and antibacterial agents.
- More cool showers, meaning less hot showers. Avoid taking long hot baths and showers. Instead, bathe with lukewarm or cool water.
- Wear vinyl gloves while you wash dishes. They help avoid contact with detergents that not only brings dryness, but also typical roughness and wrinkles.
- Sunscreen usage. It is very important to use sunscreen each time you go out on a sunny day. They keep the burns and dryness away.
- Always use lotions and creams for your body. If your problem is not related to medical conditions, then by this, definitely it will come to an end. Lotions and cream are essential to keep your skin hydrated and at moist.
- Cornstarch bath. Yes, throw a handful of cornstarch into the bath tub and mix them with lukewarm water. It helps a lot in locking the existing moisture.
- Oatmeals. They are the perfect remedy for any type of skin problems, especially dry skin of course. All you got to do is just add a cup of oatmeals into your bathwater and soak in for at least 15 minutes.
- Honey. You can use honey as a body mask. Rub some honey all over your body. Then rinse of with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes.
- Petroleum jelly. And trust me, it works. You may apply it anywhere you think is dry. It is safe to use, and has made many beauty wanders to the lips, hands and feet.
- The banana face mask. Mash two bananas and apply it ( works pretty well on the face). Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol. They cause a lot of problems to your body. Same is the case over here.
- Exercising is also necessary to have a beautiful, moist skin. By exercising, you unblock the pores which then helps in the releasing and absorption of the natural oils.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. They have always been a great help to the skin, and maintaining a healthy body.
- Definitely sufficient sleep. Your body needs at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Lack of sleep may lead to the dehydration of the body, which leaves a dry skin problem.
Homemade Moisturizers For Dry Skin
1. Papaya + Cucumber + Honey
Crush about three pieces of papaya (sliced papaya) with 1/3 of cucumber. Add in two tablespoons of honey and mix these ingredients well. Later apply this as a mask and leave it on until it dries up. Make sure to rinse with lukewarm water afterwards. This will soften, moisturize and hydrate your skin.
Also read : Homemade Natural Remedies For Oily Skin
2. Cornstarch + Honey
This is one of the easiest homemade moisturizers for dry skin. All you got to do is mix three tablespoons of cornstarch with water until a thick paste is formed. Later add in your preferred amount of honey to make the paste sticky and lighter. Mix well and apply on dry areas. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes. You can do this before you take a bath.
Must read : 11 Home Remedies For Yeast Infection
3. Yogurt +Turmeric powder
Mix three parts of yogurt with half tablespoon of turmeric powder. The purpose of adding turmeric powder is to help remove the dead skin cells. Use this paste as a face scrub and rinse right away after scrubbing it for 3 minutes. Later apply some honey and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Also read : Natural Skin Whitening Home Remedies
These are three best homemade moisturizers to help hydrate your skin. Try out these remedies and give us feedback on how it has worked. If dry skin persists, see a doctor as it can be related to medical conditions. If there are any other remedies for dry skin that you know, do share them with us here in HNBT.