“An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
An early morning walk is one of the best exercises for a healthy life. It gives us a sense of happiness, calms our agitated nerves, and relaxes the mind, body and soul. The fresh oxygen that we often miss in concrete jungles of our cities may be easily obtained in the early hours of a morning. The freshness and mist that you feel in the early morning is certainly a luxury and pretty much exclusive too.
Did you know that a 30 minute walk early in the morning is equivalent to 2-hour hard core exercise in the gym? Now it makes sense why doctors often suggest older adults to go for a stroll in the morning. Because it REALLY does a lot to our body with minimum effort and most importantly, minimum risk. Bear in mind that the best time for a morning walk is between 5:00 Am to 7:00 Am.
Benefits Of Early morning walk
1. Early walking Good for your heart:
- One prominent benefit of early morning walk is that it can help reduce high blood pressure and high cholesterol, both of which contribute to heart disease.
- 3 hours of brisk walking each week (that’s just 30 minutes per day) can lower a woman’s risk of heart disease by 30% to 40%.
- One hour of regular, moderate exercise (equivalent to brisk walking), done five days a week, may cut a man’s risk of stroke in half.
2. Strengthens Bones and Joints :
- Several studies have proven that just half an hour walk in the morning, four times a week, can help prevent osteoporosis.
- It is easier on your joints than higher-impact activities like running or aerobics, thus reduces your risk of falls.
- If done consistently, early morning walks reduce one’s risk of hip fracture too.
- Taking a walk regularly is one of the best favors you can do for your back. It promotes muscular development, increases circulation, and speeds up the release of endorphin.
3. Weight control with the help of Morning Walk :
- It may seem like a leisurely activity, but with the right intensity, it can elevate your heart rate and burn serious calories so you can reach and maintain a healthy weight.
- More intake of fresh oxygen increases the fat burning process and hence increases the chances of weight control.
4. General Benefits :
- The oxygen that you get early in the morning also gives you great amount of energy especially to your joints. The movement in your legs releases good cholesterol in your blood, opening up some of the “chakras” or channels of energy. By constantly moving your joints, you increase your blood circulation in a way that can only be completed with your daily morning walk.
- A long list of mental health benefits have been attributed to exercise, including reduced depression, better sleep, less stress, worry and lots More
Also read : How To Improve Eyesight Naturally?
We have discussed some of the benefits, or you can say the advantages of morning walk. Start today for a healthy life, mind and soul!
Thank you for visiting HNBT.
What is good for losing foots
I am using Early Morning Walker (EMW)since last 10 years and found very. Useful .
It’s remote has stopped working for last few days . Kindly send you rep. to replace it .