Clogged ears, or also known as plugged ears can be very annoying and cause discomfort. When you talk, you are likely to hear the echoes of your voice. And when you sneeze, cough or laugh, a sharp pain may occur. So what really causes clogged ears? There can be two reasons behind this. It is either they are blocked by ear wax, or filled with water. In most cases, this problem can be solved by using just home remedies. But however, remember to see a doctor if you have the following signs ; dizziness, intense pain, lost of hearing and discharge out of ears. If you are having the symptoms mentioned above, then it is probably more than ear wax or water, and you should avoid trying out any remedies too. Without further ado, here are 6 home remedies to relieve clogged ears.
Home Remedies To Relieve Clogged Ears/ Plugged Ears
1. Valsalva Maneuver: It is method to clear any form of blockage. It will relieve the pain too. For some, while performing valsalva maneuver, a stinging pain may occur, but just for few seconds. So how do you do it? Pinch your nostrils hard, to ensure no air is released from your nostrils. Take a deep breath, and blow the air forcing through your nose. When you hear a popping sound, it signs that your ears are all clear now. You may watch this video for demonstration.
Must read : 10 Best Ways To Get Rid Of Roaches
2. Garlic juice: This will help dilute the thick wax. Not only that, it will relieve the pain instantly. Crush some garlic and squeeze its juice out. Later, by using a dropper, drip a couple of drops into your ears. Leave it on for 5 minutes, and then use an ear bud to gently clean it. Also read: Health Benefits of Garlic
3. Olive oil/ Sesame oil: By using a dropper, pour about three drops of sesame or olive oil. This will soften up any hard wax and relieve the pain too. For your information, sesame oil is widely used by the Indians to treat ear infections and pain. However, make sure not to use a cotton bud. Instead tilt your head a little, and drain your ears onto a washcloth.
Must read : Top 17 Health Benefits Of Olive Oil You Should Know
4. Alcohol + Apple cider vinegar: Alcohol helps in killing any bacteria, and fight against infections too. Mix a teaspoon of ACV with a teaspoon of alcohol. By using a dropper, put a few drops of this solution into your ears. Place a cotton ball in the ear, and lie down sideways. After all the liquid is drained out, use an ear bud to clean your ears.
Also read: 15 Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
5. Steam: This is an amazing method to treat cold or sinus associated clogged ears. Prepare a large bowl of hot steaming water. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to it. If you don’t have a tea tree oil, you can use vicks vapor rub, or any ointment that is similar to it. Cover your head with a blanket and inhale the steam.
Must read : Home Remedies For Sinus Infection
6. Hydrogen peroxide: Soak a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide. Tilt your head, and drip it into your ears. You might hear a fizzing sound, do not panic. It is the sound of the ear wax being dissolved. After about a minute, drain onto a washcloth or use cotton to remove the wax.
Also read: Best Skin Whitening Home Remedies
Those were few of the best remedies for clogged ears. It is a very common problem and does not need a doctor’s attention. But however, if you experience any of the symptoms mentioned earlier, make sure to immediately see a doctor. Should there be any query or extra information, please drop them in the comment box below. Thank you!