Apple cider Vinegar, also abbreviated as ACV is a well-known remedy for many health conditions. Harsh chemicals, shampoos, heat treatments strip hair of their natural oils and make them dry, dull and lifeless. Although it may seem bizarre to use something acidic, like Apple cider vinegar for hair, but it actually works wonders in balancing the optimal pH value. It leaves your scalp clean, and your hair as shiny and lustrous. It also seals the hair cuticles thus making hair less prone to drop or break. In addition, it also helps the scalp to get rid of excess product build-up caused by chemical treatments. Overall, apple cider vinegar is an excellent method to help your hair grow naturally.
Why We Should Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair?
- ACV is rich in nutrients such as potassium which is primary component required for hair growth.
- ACV forms a protective coating on your hair shafts, thus, protecting your hair from dust, UV-rays, pollution and chemical treatments.
- Using ACV regularly will remove dead cells, enabling better breathing of your scalp breathe. This prevents dandruff and other scalp infections in turn.
Also read : 15 Miraculous Apple Cider Vinegar Uses and Benefits
How to Use Apple cider vinegar for Hair?
Apple cider vinegar is popularly used as an after rinse.
Take a mug of lukewarm water and mix it with four tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. After washing your hair with your favorite shampoo, apply this to your scalp and leave it on your hair for a minimum of ten minutes. Wash off with cold water. Use this rinse twice a week to see the results. Your scalp will be left squeaky clean and hair shiny as ever.
Note: Do not use conditioner after an apple cider vinegar rinse, as ACV itself serves as a natural conditioner for the hair.
10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair
1. Apple cider vinegar helps in maintaining the moisture of your scalp and hair, and thereby sealing the hair cuticle. Regular blow-dries and straightening leaves hair feeling dry and dull. But ACV helps in restoring the moisture level and thus making your hair look more glossy and voluminous.
2. Apple cider vinegar to combat tangles: Using ACV as an after rinse is highly effective in reducing frizz, so the comb glides easily, giving you less hair fall due to breakage.
Also read : How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
3. Apple cider vinegar as an after rinse: The after rinse helps to stimulate hair growth. The rinse leaves scalp clean and thus making the root stronger.
4. Apple cider vinegar as a natural homemade cleanser: Just mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda to half a cup of ACV. Apply this to your hair and scalp, gently massage and wash off with cold water. Your hair is going to thank you after this!
Also read : How to Use Rose Water for Hair?
5. Apple cider vinegar for hair as a clarifying treatment: It is an excellent product to remove all kinds of product build-ups. It gently cleanses the scalp without raiding off the hair’s natural oil.
6. Apple cider vinegar to treat dry and itchy scalps: It is an excellent antibacterial and antifungal agent. It helps to calm and heal itchy scalp over regular usage.
Also read : Use Onion For Hair Growth
7. Apple cider vinegar to prevent split ends: ACV has a great property to seal hair cuticles, which helps in preventing split ends and hair fall due to breakage. This can be used as an after rinse after using your regular shampoo once a week. You can also mix few tablespoons of ACV to your shampoo bottle and use regularly to see the most out of its benefits.
8. Apple cider vinegar to get rid of dandruff: Boil green tea leaves in two cups of water, and to this, add the juice of half a lemon and two tablespoons of ACV. After shampooing your hair, apply this mixture to your scalp to get rid of dandruff. Do this twice a week for a month to get rid of dandruff forever.
Also read : Home Remedies For Dandruff
9. ACV to get rid of dryness after dyeing your hair with henna: Apple cider vinegar is sure to rescue from this one. While washing hair after henna application, use ACV mixed with water as a final rinse. This will make your hair shiny and more lustrous, and prevent hair from appearing dry or frizzy.
10. Apple cider vinegar to get rid of head lice: This is an effective and safe method to get rid of head lice, especially from your kid’s head. Use the apple cider vinegar rinse (remember to add more ACV if your hair is oily or extra dirty). Let this mixture stay for 10-15 minutes. Take lice removing comb (or a fine toothed comb) and comb through. Later you may shampoo your hair as usual ad rinse thoroughly.
Also read : Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Head Lice
Do share your experiences with apple cider vinegar for your hair in the comments section below!
Apple cider vinegar seems to be the miracle cure at the moment.
One top tip: remember to wash it out otherwise your boyfriend will complain you stink!
I naturally have greasy hair and ACV does seem to do a good job at minimising the grease.
Thanks for sharing your information
Apple cider wowww amazing