Banana, a fruit which everyone is familiar with. No many are aware of its health benefits. It also has some amazing beauty benefits. So this time HNBT brings to you an article on banana – health benefits of banana, skin benefits of banana and how to apply it on your skin.
24 Whopping Health Benefits of Banana
- It works wonders for leg cramps at night.
- It has iron so it helps in red blood cells build-up and relieves anemia.
- It is a source of calcium, which is very important for strong bones and teeth.
- It helps in overcoming depression.
- It provides immense energy for physical activities.
- It helps in maintaining sugar levels.
- It strengthens the nervous system.
- It helps in the production of White Blood Cells (WBCs).
- It gently removes toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- It acts as a wonderful medicine for constipation.
- It is a natural antacid.
- It relieves stomach ulcers.
- It reduces nausea caused by morning sickness.
- It helps in digestion.
- They are wonderful anti-oxidants.
- It lowers body temperature instantly.
- It reduces the risk of bowel cancer.
- It helps in curing piles.
- It prevents insomnia.
- Banana peel relieves itching and irritation when rubbed against bug bite or bee sting.
- It is a wonderful source of potassium, which makes your brain more alert.
- It is being a source of Vitamin-B, magnesium and potassium works wonders on people who have given up smoking recently.
- They provide protection from chronic diseases.
- It helps lower cholesterol level.
- Natural moisturizer : Use Coconut Oil As A Moisturizer
- Anti-ageing Treatment : How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles?
- Skin scrubber : 10 Most Magical Homemade Facial Scrubs
- Cracked Heels : Homemade Natural Remedies For Cracked Heels Treatment
- Puffy Eye Treatment : How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes?
- Acne Treatment : 12 Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Body Acne
How to apply Banana on your skin?
1. Puffy eyes Treatment : You may eat it as whole to get rid of puffy eyes. You may also mash a bit and apply it onto the puffy area.
2. Skin Scrubber : Take a mashed banana(as per need), two teaspoons of rolled oats, one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of milk. Mix these ingredients well. Apply on your face and leave it on for ten minutes. Later, massage and leave it for another 5 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
3. Cracked Heels : Mast it and apply on the cracked heels. Let it sit there for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Soak your feet in cold water afterwards.
4. Moisturizer : Take half-ripe piece and mash it well. Add in one-fourth cup of milk slowly so that it mixes well. Apply it on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wipe off with a towel soaked in warm water. Then wash your face with cold water. You may also rub some ice cubes on your face to freshen the skin.
5. Face Pack : Take 1/4th of a piece and make a paste out of it. Apply it on your face and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water and then followed by cold water as the second rinse.
6. Anti-ageing : Take half of a banana and mash it well. When the paste becomes even, add one teaspoon of honey. Continue mashing. Your mask is ready. Apply it onto your face and neck by massaging it for several minutes. Keep it on for a span of 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
**Before applying the mask, wash off your face with water at room temperature first.
7. Acne-treatment for oily skin : Take half of a ripe piece and one tablespoon of freshly squeezed out lime juice. Mix these ingredients well and apply on your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
Also read : How to Lighten Skin Tone?
That’s all from us on skin and health benefits of banana and various ways of using it. If you think we have missed out anything, we will be happy to hear from you.