How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes? – definitely one of the worst kind of dilemmas. Not only do they make you look like a panda, but dark circles also make you appear ill and dull sometimes. Women are more prone to develop dark circles than men and no experts can identify why this occurs exactly.
Dark circles form around your eyes, sometimes accompanied by eye bags. What we must understand is that the skin around our eyes is the thinnest, and undoubtedly sensitive. Lack of sleep, or rubbing your eyes vigorously causes dark circles around eyes. This is due to the inconsistent blood flow in the capillaries or breakage of the capillaries. We will first learn the remedies to get rid of dark circles under eyes as well as the Do’s and Don’ts when dealing with dark circles right after that.
Natural Home Remedies For Dark Circles Under Eyes
There’s no way you can find a better partner in crime than cucumber to get rid of those sickening circles. Make sure the cucumber is kept in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before using it. Cut the cucumber into two equally thin slices and place them on your eye. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes, and then cleanser your face with cold water. Repeat this every day. Results may be obvious within 2 weeks. Read more about benefits of cucumber.
You can either slice a cold tomato and place the slices on your eyes lids or just crush one and make a paste out of it. To complete the paste, you need to add in a tablespoon of lemon juice. Then apply this paste around your eye area and let it rest for 30 minutes. Repeat this daily for obvious results.
Must read : Home Remedies To Improve Eyesight Naturally
This is also equally helpful get rid of dark circles under eyes. Place slices of cold potato on your closed eye for 20 minutes. Later wash your face with a mild cleanser.
Also read : How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
4. Rose water
The fact that rose water rids dark circles is already enough to make you love it. What’s more? It is also amazing to get rid of wrinkles. You can use any type of cotton pads for this remedy, though square shaped ones are more preferred. Soak two cotton pads in the rose water for at least 2 minutes. Later place them on your closed eye lids and leave it on for 20 minutes. Repeat this daily.
Also read : How To Get Rid Of Hives Naturally?
5. Lemon juice
Our list of remedies will never be complete without lemons. They play a crucial role in cooking and apparently beauty too. Soak two cotton pads in the lemon juice for a couple of minutes. Later place it on your closed eye lids and let it sit for 20 minutes. You may then wash your face with cold water. Repeat this daily.
Also read : 10 Quick Home Remedies For Acne
6. Cold metal spoons
This will give your eyes an ice shock at the first minute, but it’s worth the shock, trust me. All you got to do is place two metal spoons in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Later place it onto your closed eye lids until it warms up. You can repeat this daily for better results.
Also read : 10 Unbelievable Benefits Of Petroleum Jelly
7. Tea bags
Place two warm tea bags onto your closed eye lids. Remove it after it cools completely. Tea bags contain powerful antioxidant properties. They are gentle to the eyes and help get rid of dark circles fast. Repeat this daily for better results.
Also read : 13 Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms
Do’s And Don’ts To Eliminate Dark Circles Under Eyes
1. Do drink plenty of water. Water, water, and water. Hydration is all that you need to upkeep the moist of your skin, which eventually prevents the skin around your eyes from drying out. Lack of water is claimed to lead to formation of dark circles.
2. Do sleep eight hours a day. Getting enough sleep means your body’s getting enough rest. Ideally, you need to get at last 7-9 hours of uninterrupted night sleep daily. Regardless of how long you sleep, sleeping at the wrong time is not gonna serve in your favor.
3. Do practise healthy eating habits. After all, what you eat is what you become. When you eat a balanced diet, your body is healthy, which always reflects on your skin, hair and weight. Therefore, include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
4. Don’t sleep with your makeup on. This is very harmful to your skin, especially around the eyes. If you are a person who uses makeup, especially eyeliner often, make sure to remove it and wash your face with a mild cleanser before going to bed.
5. Don’t rub your eyes. When your eyes are feeling itchy, your fingers cannot resist the temptation to rub them. But please don’t do it- you’re only making your dark circles worse. Your blood capillaries may break, resulting in horrible dark circles under eyes as well as eye bags. Instead, wash your eye with clean and cool water.
6. Don’t drink alcohol excessively. Keep the shots low, always. Alcohol causes dehydration. And you already know what follows up with that. Hence, avoid heavy drinking habits.
If your dark circles get too severe, you might want to see a dermatologist. But often times, it is treated with home remedies and products that are easily available in the nearest skin and body shops. If there are any other home remedies or products to get rid of dark circles under eyes that you know, do share them with us.
Natural Skin Care
Thankfulness to my father who stated to me on the topic of this webpage, this web site is actually amazing.
thank you for the appreciation
I’ve realized getting healthy and getting plenty of water and sleep lightens the circles.
My experience is that the easiest way for men who want to get rid of dark circles is
plenty of water, enough sleep and using good eye cream. I am over 35 and my
most favourite is PLATINUM by Marcus Schenkenberg.
All these remedies work perfectly for dark circles. I used lemon for treating my dark circles and I was able to get rid of them. Thanks for sharing this.
I just had a baby and he won’t let me sleep at night. I been struggling with puffy swollen eyes..
I totally agree with you, cucumber gives you a crystal clear face. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Beautysmartcare, it’s our pleasure! 🙂
The citric acid naturally present in lemon helps in cleansing of dark pigments around your eyes. Dip some cotton balls in fresh lemon juice and place it on your eyes. Leave it for around ten minutes and rinse off with plain water.
Hi Jessica, thanks for sharing this with us! 🙂