Home Remedies for Moles : Moles are black, brown, or flesh-colored spots or patches that form due to the collection of melanocytes. Melanocytes are cells that produce pigment in our body. Though rarely harmless and pose no threats to health, people still want to get rid of moles as they are understood to be unattractive.
Factors such as genetics, hormonal fluctuations and sun exposure may affect the number and appearance of moles. Some moles will fade and disappear as a person ages, but the rest are rather a special case. Which is exactly why we are listing out several simple home remedies that can help you get rid of these moles.
Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Moles
1. Using Coriander to get rid of moles
Coriander herb is not only used to garnish food, but it can also effectively get rid of moles. In fact, coriander is a very easy, effective and pocket friendly method to red rid of moles.
- Coriander leaves – half a cup
- Water – few drops
- Bandage or cloth
- Grind coriander with water to make a paste.
- Apply to the affected area.
- Let it remain for about 30 – 35 minutes by covering with a bandage or cloth.
- Repeat regularly for about 2 – 3 weeks, on a daily basis.
Also read : 12 Natural Remedies For Skin Tag Removal
2. Get rid of moles by using Flax seed Oil
Flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It helps in repairing the damaged skin and regenerating healthier skin.
- Flax seed- one tbsp
- Pure Honey – 1 tbsp
- Flax oil
- Grind flax seeds to a fine powder
- Mix honey to the above made powder
- Add flax oil to make a fine paste.
Apply this paste to the moles and let it sit for a few minutes. Repeat 3 times a day.
Must read: 12 Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Blackheads
3. Get rid of moles by using Garlic
Garlic is also one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of moles because it contains enzymes that help in breaking down the melanocytes which are associated to mole development.
- Crush a fresh garlic clove and place it on the mole.
- Put a bandage on this and let it sit overnight.
Repeat this remedy daily for a few days. The mole should then fall off naturally.
Also read : 12 Natural Remedies to Remove Whiteheads
4. Get rid of moles by using Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy to get rid of moles. Due to its acidic content, it helps scab the mole and makes it fall off over time.
Dip a cotton swab or ball in apple cider vinegar and place it on the affected area. Place a bandage or medical tape and leave it on your mole overnight. Do this daily until the mole falls off.
Must read: How To Get Rid Of Hives Naturally?
5. Get rid of moles by using Castor Oil
Castor oil helps to get rid of warts, moles, and skin tags.This is a widely used method as it is less likely to leave scars. However, it usually takes up a longer time to work compared to the rest of the remedies as it only gets rid of the mole one layer at a time.
- Mix a pinch of baking soda and a few drops of castor oil.
- Gently rub the mixture on your mole.
- Leave it on for a few hours until the mix dries up on its own.
- Do this twice daily for about one month.
Also read : How To Get Rid Of Body Odor?
6. Get rid of moles by using Pineapple Juice
Freshly extracted juice of a pineapple can help lighten the discoloration of skin caused by moles, thereby making them less noticeable.
- Soak a cotton ball or swab in about a tablespoon of pineapple juice and apply it on your mole.
- Leave it on overnight or until the juice dries.
Must read: Yoga To Get a Glowing Skin Naturally
7. Get rid of moles by using Onions juice
Onion juice can help get rid of moles and maintain an even skin tone owing to its acidic contents and properties.
Extract fresh onion juice and apply it on the affected area using a cotton ball. Leave it on for about 30 to 45 minutes and then wash it off with plain water. Continue this remedy twice or thrice daily, for at least three weeks or until the mole is gone.
Also read : How To Get Rid Of Acne Naturally?
8. Get rid of moles by using Aloe Vera
Unlike other remedies that have acidic ingredients, aloe vera gel works as a mild natural remedy for removing and lightening skin moles.
- Take a piece of aloe plant, and scoop out fresh aloe-vera gel from it.
- Now apply this freshly obtained gel from the aloe vera plant on the mole and secure it with a cotton bandage.
- Leave it on for a few hours, probably 3 – 4 to allow the aloe vera gel to be absorbed completely.
- Do this two or three times a day for a month, or until you are content with the outcome.
Must read: How To Treat And Prevent Sunburn
9. Get rid of moles by using Radish
Radish contains abundance of anthocyanins, vitamin C and folic acid thus making it a great detoxification agent. They are high in anti-oxidants and also contain isthiocyanates which eliminate the cancer cells. Apparently, it aids the removal of moles too.
Method – 1:
- Cut the radish into fine slices.
- Place these slices of radish on the mole.
- Leave on for a few minutes.
- Repeat this method regularly.
Method – 2:
- Grate 1 small radish, or half of a large one, and apply to the mole.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before washing off with water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean hand towel and repeat this two times a day.
- Alternatively grind the radish in a mixer to the consistency of a paste and apply this 2 – 3 times a day.
Also read : Rose Water Uses for Skin and Hair
10. Get rid of moles by using Oregano Oil:
Oregano is an essential oil that has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, anti-parasitic and anti-viral properties.
- Oregano oil – 1 teaspoon
- Almond oil – 8 teaspoon
Take both the oils and mix thoroughly. Apply to the mole. Repeat daily.
Must read: 10 DIY Homemade Facial Scrubs
11. Get rid of moles by using Dandelion root:
Although there is not scientific proof that a dandelion will get rid of moles, its milky and sticky resin has been known to rid moles in some ways.
- After washing the root of the dandelion plant, cut one end from the whole.
- Squeeze the cut part of the root and collect the sap coming out of it.
- Apply this sap on the mole.
- Leave the sap onto your skin for about 30 minutes or so.
- Repeat the same process for 2 – 3 times a day.
Also read : Home Remedies For Oily Skin Treatment
12. Get rid of moles by using Banana Peel:
Banana peel is good to get rid of moles on the skin owing to its anti-oxidant properties. The anti-oxidants found in the peel is claimed to fight free radicals present in and around the patch, and protect your skin from pigmentation, thus removing the moles.
- Banana peel
- Duct tape or adhesive bandage
Peel a banana and cut the peel into small pieces.Place the banana peel on the mole, make sure that it is the inside part of the peel that is touching the mole. Cover this with some medical bandage and leave overnight. Repeat every night.
Must read: How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes?
13. Get rid of moles by using Pomegranate:
Pomegranate peels too can be used to remove moles as they contains bioactive compounds and anti-oxidants in generous amounts that help to remove the top layers of the mole’s skin. It also contains ascorbic acid, flavonoids, phenolics and proathocyanidins that enhances its ability in removing moles.
- Pomegranate peel (no seeds)
- Lemon juice
Wash the peels of pomegranate and allow them to dry completely. Later, grind the peeld to make powder and store in a tight container. Take some of it per requirement and mix with just enough lemon juice to get a fine, thick paste. Cover the mole with this mixture and leave for an hour or two. Rinse off the paste and pat the skin dry. Repeat this method on a daily basis.
Also read : 9 Home Remedies For Psoriasis
Some Tips and Tricks on How to Prevent Moles !
- Avoid exposing your body frequently to direct sunlight, especially between timings of 10 am to 4 pm. This is because the UV rays of the sun are the most intense during this time. This will stimulate the melanin production in the skin, which later leads to development of moles. Apply a high sun block lotion(not sunscreen) that has at least 30 SPF, 30 minutes prior to stepping out into the sun. If you need to be out in the sun for a long time, reapply the sun block every 2 hours.
- Remember that some of the remedies like those including garlic, ACV (apple cider vinegar), etc. tend to cause some burning sensation when applied directly. To prevent that, one must apply either petroleum jelly or use adhesive tape to protect the skin before application.
- Always consult your doctor before trying out any of these remedies. Should you not see changes in the shape, color or texture of the mole even after trying them out, immediately seek for medical assistance because moles can be cancerous .
- If a mole has symptoms like bleeding, oozing, itching or if the mole become tender or painful, then refrain from attempting to treat these moles on your own without consulting your doctor or health care provider, as again, they could be cancerous.
- Avoid usage of any surgical methods like cutting or tearing the mole at home as this can be dangerous.
- Never ever pick or scratch at your mole because it will only end up in buildup of bacteria or discharge from it, causing an infection.
Must read: How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
These remedies do not work on everyone, so try to find the one that works the best for you. Please share your experience with us and let us know which remedies worked for you!