How to Grow Eyebrows? : Thin, scanty eyebrows are no longer in demand. The reason? We don’t know. But if you ask us for a hunch, we’ll say it’s the influence of the west. With Hollywood divas such as Cara Delevingne and Hailee Steinfeld sporting thick bold eyebrows, the fad is starting to catch on closer to home. It’s quite often that we find ourselves in the midst of over plucked or out of shape eyebrows. But now, growing your eyebrows is fairly simple with the help of these home remedies.
How to Grow Eyebrows Naturally? – Home Remedies for Thicker Eyebrows
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is packed with nutrients such as Vitamin E, protein and iron. These are essentially the agents that promote healthy and thick hair overall, including that of eyebrows’. It also helps in darkening the hue of your eyebrows. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Place a few drops of coconut oil on a cotton swab and apply it to the brow area.
- Massage the area gently for a few minutes so as to boost circulation.
- Leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash it off with lukewarm water and cleanse your face as usual.
- Repeat this process everyday for about 2 months and you’ll notice a change in the thickness of your eyebrows.
The best thing about this remedy is that coconut oil is readily available in most homes. Also, if you generally enjoy the sweet smell of coconut, this remedy might just help you sleep better.
2. Olive Oil
This is a great way to grow eyebrows. Similar to coconut oil, olive oil is also rich in Vitamin E, thus helps your hair grow thicker and faster. For this remedy:
- Massage the oil on your eyebrow for about five minutes.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash it off the next morning.
Follow this remedy once everyday till you get the desired results.
Must read : Top 17 Health Benefits Of Olive Oil
Vaseline does a little more than keeping just your lips and skin moisturized. When applied on lashes and eyebrows, not only does it help in shaping them better, but also increases their thickness and length with time. The trick is done by the intense moisturizing properties of Vaseline, which are typically essential to increase the volume of hair. It also keeps the skin above the eyebrow, a commonly overlooked area, moisturized. Long story short, this is a great remedy if you have shaved your eyebrows and are looking for a quick fix. The remedy entails:
- Clean off all makeup with a makeup remover.
- Wash your face with warm water and pat dry.
- Use a cotton swab to apply the Vaseline to your brows upwards.
- Leave it overnight.
Apply this twice daily. The petrolatum compound present in the Vaseline helps to lock in the moisture, keeping the skin nourished. This is a sure fire winner to grow those brows of yours thicker and fuller.
Also read : 15 Unbelievable Benefits Of Petroleum Jelly
4. Onion Juice to Grow Eyebrows
Onion juice is also one of the best remedies to grow your eyebrows. The juice of an onion is rich in sulphur, which improves the production of collagen tissues that are required for hair growth. It also helps to strengthen the hair follicles. For this remedy, you must:
- Grind an onion and extract its juice.
- Massage it onto your eyebrows for about five minutes.
- Allow it to dry and cleanse your face as usual afterwards.
- Follow this up once everyday for several weeks.
The slight downside to this remedy would be the pungent smell that comes with it. If you can’t bear the stench, then you can opt for any other remedies.
Must read : Onion Juice For Hair Growth
5. Egg Yolk
Our hair, in general, has keratin as its prime constituent. This is a protein which is also prominently found in eggs. Ergo, it improves the overall growth and health of your hair. When applied on eyebrows, it is likely to benefit the brows in the same way as it benefits the hair, helping them to grow thicker and fuller. For this remedy, you must:
- Break an egg and separate the yolk.
- Beat the yolk until you get a creamy thick consistency.
- Apply this to your brow with a cotton swab.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes or so.
- Use this treatment once or twice a week.
You can discontinue this treatment once you are satisfied with the end results.
Also read : Egg White Hair Masks to Get Beautiful Hair
6. Castor Oil For Eyebrows
One of the most popular remedies for hair growth at the time being is the Jamaican black castor oil. It is rich in vitamins, proteins and fatty acids; all the essential nutrients for hair nourishment and faster hair growth. If you have a bottle of castor oil within reach, then look no further, for you are holding one of the most effective remedies for eyebrow growth. Here is how you use the oil:
- Remove any traces of makeup from your face.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Dip a cotton swab into castor oil.
- Apply it to the eyebrow area.
- Gently massage your eyebrows for about three minutes or so.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash off in the morning with lukewarm water.
To stimulate growth quickly, with an improved length and thickness, turn to castor oil. This remedy can also be used with glycerin and is a great way to welcome back naturally thick eyebrows.
Must read : How to Grow Hair Faster Naturally?
Lemon is very effective in enhancing the growth of your eyebrows. It is rich in nutrients like Vitamin C and and also folic acid, which are equally vital for hair growth. Using lemon juice is fairly simple:
- Simply proceed to rub a slice of lemon all over your eyebrows.
- Leave the juice on for about 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
Follow this remedy once a day, and in a few weeks time, you are sure to see the difference.
Also read : 48 Mind-blowing Benefits and Uses of Lemon Peels
Milk is rich in protein and other nutrients that are responsible to nourish hair roots and improve the overall growth of hair. All that you have to do is:
- Pour a small amount of milk into a bowl.
- Dip a cotton swab into it and rub it all over your eyebrows.
- Allow this to dry and rinse it with warm water.
- Do this once everyday
Must read : How To Treat Hair Loss And Baldness?
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another ingredient that is rich in keratin, thereby rejuvenates hair growth with adequate supply of nutrients. It also adds elasticity to one’s hair and is helpful in preventing breakage. For fuller, thicker brows follow these steps:
- Cut an aloe vera leaf.
- Extract its gel.
- Massage it onto your eyebrows.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
For at least 6 weeks, continue this remedy daily. You will be in the midst of bushier, thicker and fuller eyebrows.
Also read : Uses and Benefits of Rose Water For Hair
10. Eat Healthy
Improving your diet is one of the best ways to enhance the growth of your hair. Consume foods rich in Vitamins A, C, and E. You can also include protein -rich food such as cheese, tofu and yogurt in your daily diet. A balanced diet will not just nourish your hair, but also prevent your body of complications and illness.
Must read : How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair?
Scanty eyebrows no more! Welcome your newfound brow in just a few weeks after regularly following up with these remedies, most of which are available readily to you. No longer do you have to succumb to thin, out of shape eyebrows.