How to Grow Hair Faster? – Men or women, young or old, we all care for our hair, don’t we? When it comes to our looks, our hair undeniably plays a vital role. Having beautiful, long, luscious hair makes you feel cool-headed about yourself, your style and just about everything else. Not to mention, healthy hair is often eye-catching, usually the second most attractive element of the human body that draws instant attention after the eyes.
The sad part is, not all of us are genetically or naturally blessed with healthy tresses. Some of us are trapped in constant dilemma just trying to work those curls out without the presence of frizz, split ends or dryness. As for growing them longer? An even more difficult task!
But the good news is that growing your tresses longer is not all impossible- there is always room for healthy hair growth. Only that you have to determine the right method that works for you, and keep away from hair-damaging routines. The better news is that the methods are rather economical and pretty much convenient and versatile too. Read on to unlock the secrets to grow hair faster! But however, do keep in mind that it is not an overnight process, thus requires patience and consistency.
Causes that Prevent Proper Growth of Hair:
- Too much stress and tensions
- Medical problems like thyroid etc
- Medications such as antidepressants
- Hereditary causes
- Poor diet
- Lack of proper care
Home Remedies to Grow Hair Faster
1. Regular oil massage:
This is something that our granny will swear by as it improves blood circulation to the scalp and helps locks grow longer. Regular oil massage is one of the best nourishment that you can give your curls. Take good quality coconut oil and warm it. Now apply the warm coconut oil to the roots and gently massage for a few minutes using the fingertips. Leave the oil on the scalp overnight for better results. Wash your tresses with lukewarm water and mild shampoo the next morning. Make sure that you follow the warm oil massage procedure at least thrice in a week and we bet that you will surely see the difference in a few weeks!
Also check : Yoga to Reduce Hair Fall and Increase Hair Growth
2. Trimming regularly:
An old fashioned method that works wonders in increasing the length of your locks this is! It is also a better way of avoiding split ends. Remember that even split ends can prevent the tresses growth. Therefore, a regular visit to the salon for a haircut is one of the smart ways to increase the length of your locks.
Must read : Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Head Lice
3. Grow hair faster by flipping your hair:
Being able to flip your hair just adds a touch of fabulousness to your personality, especially in the lens of the camera. Apparently, flipping your hair will also improve your hair growth. The trick is done by the blood circulation that gushes through the scalp each time you flip you hair, and thus in turn improves the health of your hair overall. Simply flip your locks down and let them stay in this position for a few minutes.
Also check : 12 Reasons Why Peanut Is A Healthy Food
4. Regular healthy diet:
It has been found that in many cases that an improper diet is the fundamental reason that prevents proper growth of hair. Therefore, eating lots of green vegetables, fruits, flaxseeds, veggies such as broccoli, milk and dairy products, whole grains etc is all important to increase the growth speed of your tresses. Sufficient iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, selenium, minerals, vitamins like A, B-complex, C, E are essential for healthy hair. Stay away from consuming oily and deep fried food items. Switch over to green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits anytime and watch the magic they do to your hair!
Must read : How To Get Rid Of Dandruff?
5. Grow hair faster by living a stress-free and healthy life:
If you want to grow your locks longer naturally, the top most crucial method is to keep stress and worries at bay as they can have a detrimental effect on hair. You can always resort to yoga and meditation. It is claimed that yoga and meditation bring positive changes to your tresses. Also, lead a healthy lifestyle that includes no smoking and no alcohol.
Also check : Top 10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair
6. Find a good hair growth product:
There are various products available on the market, all claiming to work for different purpose and guaranteeing great results. When looking out for such products, don’t forget to check if the product is clinically tested. Ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients included in the product. Also, don’t hesitate to go for all natural and organic products!
Must read : How To Treat Hair Loss And Baldness?
Natural Home Remedies for Fast Hair Growth
Now that you have unlocked the major secrets to grow hair faster, it’s high time that you learnt some homemade hacks that will not only improve the health of your hair, but also grow them more rapidly!
a) Onion juice:
Onion juice has the all important sulphur which helps in the production of collagen which is good for your curls.
- Take a medium sized red onion.
- Peel and chop it into small pieces.
- Blend the pieces well in a blender and strain the juice.
- Apply the juice on the scalp and leave it for an hour.
- Wash with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Follow the remedy once in a week.
Also check : How Does Onion Help In Hair Growth?
b) Egg mask:
Egg is very good for the tresses as it has plenty of proteins, sulphur, zinc, iron, selenium etc.
- Take the white of one egg in a bowl
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of honey.
- Mix well and apply the mask to the hair.
- Wash the mask with cold water after an hour.
- Follow the remedy once in a week.
Must read : Egg White Masks for Hair
c) Fenugreek and coconut milk:
Fenugreek helps in maintaining the natural colour of hair.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight
- Paste them in a grinder to form a smooth paste next day
- Add coconut milk to it and mix well.
- Apply this mask to the hair and wash with water after half an hour.
- Follow the remedy once in two weeks.
d) Indian Gooseberry:
Indian gooseberry or amla has plenty of antioxidants and vitamin C which is very good for the hair.
- Take two tablespoons of amla juice
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice
- Apply the mixture to the scalp.
- Allow it to dry and wash with lukewarm water.
Must read : 13 Health and Beauty Benefits Of Oats
Garlic is very useful in preventing loss of hair. It is considered to improve and promote blood circulation in the scalp.
- Take three cloves of garlic and crush them.
- Add coconut oil to it and boil the mixture.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Apply it to the roots of your hair follicles.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo after some time.
- Also check : Step By Step Guide To Wash Hair
Must read : How to Use Rose Water For Hair and Skin?
In addition to these home remedies, bear in mind these handy tips:
- Avoid using heavy-chemical products on your hair
- Avoid using styling tools and heat treatments
- Brush and comb regularly
Combine these methods with a healthy lifestyle and it is half the battle won! Do try out these remedies to grow hair faster and let us know which one of these worked out for you. Do you have any other secret home remedies to speed up hair growth? Please share your views