How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath? : Bad breath (halitosis) is such a turn off! Unfortunate for some people that they seem to have it inspite of good oral hygiene. While for the rest, it is caused by poor oral hygiene and unhealthy eating habits. Often does bad breath lead to embarrassment and lowered self esteem. You may put aside all your worries cause HNBT will be sharing with you some bad breath causes and methods on how to get rid of bad breath!
Bad Breath Causes – Home Remedies for Bad Breath
1. Health issues : There are two diseases that possibly lead to bad breath i.e. diabetes or GERD. Diabetes leads to a disorder called ketosis in which the side effects include bad breath, which usually acts as the first symptom.
Also check : How To Get Rid Of Body Odor?
2. Bad Food : Bad food refers to onions, garlic, alcohol, and tobacco. These will definitely pollute your mouth. Researches shows that plant oil are absorbed and its byproducts enter our bloodstream. So when we breath out, the odor escapes our body via the mouth.
3. Dry Mouth : Dry mouth helps the bacteria multiply. Saliva to some extent continuously removes the bacteria. So you should hydrate your mouth more often to rid bacteria.
Also check : Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Body Acne
4. Dirty mouth : The bacteria that lives in your mouth when comes in contact with food particles, reacts to form a stinky odor. This makes the tongue look white and makes it stink. Hence when you get a white tongue, make sure to clean it.
5. Low carbohydrate content : Low carbohydrate leads to ketosis. This disorder as mentioned in Point 1 leads to bad breath.
Also check : Waxing vs Shaving; Which One Is Better and Why?
19 Ways To Get Rid of Bad Breath | Home Remedies
- Change your tooth brush every three to four months. [To know why, read our article on Toothbrush-Facts and Tips to keep it clean].
- Drink mouthful of water to rid bad odor from your mouth quickly, because when your mouth dries up, it becomes smelly again.
- Remember to scrap your tongue when you brush. It removes the bacteria, excess food and germs from your tongue.
- Make sure to floss daily.
- Milk products such as cheese and similar stuffs accelerate bad breath. Avoid them!
- Stay away from onion, garlic, chilli and pepper.
- Some compounds known as polyphenols, which are exclusively present in black tea and green tea prevents bad breath.
- The formation of sulphur compounds in the oral cavity results in halitosis. You can drink drink green tea to avoid it.
- Consume a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before going to bed. To know how it combats bad breath read our article on 15 miraculous uses and benefits of apple cider vinegar.
- Use mouthwash with essential oils. Stay away from any mouthwash that has alcohol as an ingredient.
- Lemon juice helps fight halitosis, but its acidic nature can harm your teeth. So you may use it every now and then.
- Eat food rich in Vitamin C like orange, berries and melons to fight halitosis.
- Daily consuming of six ounce of yogurt can help fight bad breath in the long run.
- Saliva helps is getting rid of bad breath to a lot extent. Avoid alcohol because it slows down the production of saliva.
How To Improve Eyesight Naturally?
- If it’s not possible to brush after every meal, at least make sure to gargle your mouth with plain water.
- Rinse your mouth with a mixture of sage, calendula and myrrh gum (in identical amounts).
- Brush your teeth with baking soda to prevent bad breath.
- Chew sugarless gums to instantly get a fresh mouth.
- You can try out breath mints too!
Also read : How To Whiten Teeth; Homemade Teeth Whiteners
How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath? [infographic]
Also read : How to Heal Mouth Ulcers?
Thank you for reading out article on ‘how to get rid of bad breath’. Should there be a query or feedback, please drop them in the comment box below. Thank you!