Rose Water Uses and Benefits : Rose water is a magical liquid that can be used in innumerable ways. Derived from fragrant and fresh roses, it is simply water with the benefits of a Rose, and here in this post, we will discuss with you rose water benefits and uses. It is easily available in the market, affordable and pretty much a part of vanity boxes of most homes too. But something as humble, and powerful as this, should be a definite part of ALL homes. So, here are some reasons to convince you why!
Rose Water Benefits and Rose Water Uses For Skin, Hair, Eyes
1. Rose Water For Skin
a) Rose Water Benefits for Skin
- Rosewater helps maintain the pH balance of your skin.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the redness of irritated skin patches, reduce acne, dermatitis and eczema symptoms.
- It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
- It helps hydrate, revitalize and moisturize skin specially face.
- It refreshes the skin.
- It has antibacterial properties that help in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
- Its antioxidant properties help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues, preventing preterm ageing.
- It is a moderate astringent, which helps clean pores, remove excess oil and tone skin.
- Applying rose water after steaming skin, tightens capillaries present under the skin, reduces redness and puffiness of those skin areas.
- It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- It reduces sunburn marks caused on skin.
b) Rose Water Uses For Skin
– It can be applied directly to the skin (face) with the help of a cotton swab, preferably, right after waking up and just before going to bed.
– It can be added to any of your face pack powders, as a substitute to regular water.
– Rose water mixed with glycerin increases the potency of skin exponentially and brings out a lovely glow on the skin.
– One can bathe in 2 cups of rose water mixed with every bucket of water.
– It can be used to remove makeup, without causing any harm to skin and cleaning pores thoroughly.
– It can be applied directly on the skin after shaving.
– It can be applied to wounds with a cotton swab in order to aid quick healing.
Also read : 12 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Blackheads
2. Rose Water For Hair
a) Rose Water Benefits for Hair
- It has nourishing and moisturizing properties that improve the quality and life of your hair.
- It is capable of treating mild to moderate scalp inflammations.
- It can also help you get rid of dandruff.
- Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner for all hair types.
- It revitalizes hair growth.
- Reduces hair fall and promotes better hair growth.
b) Rose Water Uses For hair
– It can be mixed with henna, Awla and Shikaki powder to make a paste, which can be applied to hair as a hair pack
– Dip a cotton swab in rose water and dab it generously on the scalp to get rid of itchy, irritated, dandruff affected scalp
– After a head bath, mix two table spoons of rose water with half a mug of water and rinse your hair with this concoction for smooth, frizz free, strong and healthy hair. After rinsing, let the hair dry on its own.
3. Rose Water For Emotional Well being and Stress Relief
- The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer.
- It helps you break free from feelings of anxiety.
- It promotes emotional well-being, making you feel more relaxed.
- It aids better sleep after a tired day.
- It takes up the feelings of fatigue after a morning when you wake up tired.
- Reduces generalized anxiety with the help of aroma.
– Spray your room with some rose water. The fragrance may fade soon, so you may have to spray a few times a day for a soothing and relaxing aroma.
– Spray some on your pillow or your clothes before you go to sleep. Make sure to not spray too much as dampening the pillow or your clothes may be harmful.
– Smear some rose water on your face and let it air dry instead of wiping it off before you go to sleep.
Also read : 12 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Whiteheads
4. Rose Water For Gums and Teeth
- When used regularly, it reduces inflammation in gums.
- It is known to reduce gum bleeding and gum pain.
- It’s an amazing breath freshener.
– Take some rose water and rinse your mouth for about a minute with it. Then spit it out, just like the way you do it with your mouthwash
– Take some used lemon skin (juice all squeezed out for other purposes), dip it in rose water and rub it on your teeth to whiten your teeth and rid plaque deposits.
Also read : How To Get Rid Of Body Odor?
5. Rose Water For Eyes
a) Rose Water Benefits For Eyes
- It is very effective in soothing tired, strained and fatigued eyes.
- It is good for those who spend long hours in front of screen for work or entertainment.
- Using a dropper, squeeze a few drops of rose water into eyes. It brings a sparkle to the eyes and makes them look shiny and healthy.
- They can also treat mild eye infections and redness, soothing the eye.
b) Rose Water Uses For Eyes
– After a tired day, squeeze one or two drops of rose water into each eye and lie down for a while. You can notice the fatigue instantly disappearing from your eyes.
– Dip a thin layer of cotton in 1 teaspoon potato juice(grated raw potato, squeezed to obtain juice) mixed with half a teaspoon of rose water and place this layer on your eyes and relax. Let it sit on your eyes for at least 10 minutes, and watch your dark circles fade away.
Also read : How To Get Rid Of Hives Naturally?
6. Other Uses of Rose Water
- It adds an appetizing flavor and aroma to sweets, stews, desserts or even meat dishes. Simply add a teaspoon of rose water to garnish your dishes.
- Mix rose water with the juice of a lemon, 1 tsp honey, 2 pinches of cinnamon powder and a pinch of overnight soaked fenugreek seeds, in a glass of water. This drink, when taken on an empty stomach in the morning, can aid weight loss and rid the toxins in your body effectively.
Also read : 9 Home Remedies For Psoriasis
How to Make Organic Rose Water at Home?
This magic liquid can be easily made at home too, all by yourself. We personally recommend that you opt for the organic type, as it is free from impurities coming from either the rose or the water. The procedure for making aromatic, organic rose water is as below:
- Take all petals of about 2 -3 organic roses, free of pesticides and other impurities.
- Put them into a pan, distributing them evenly.
- Cover these with water just enough to cover the rose petals. Do not add too much water or all the fragrance will be lost. (Approximately 2 cups)
- Set this concoction on a low gas flame and merely heat it up. Do not allow it to simmer or come to a boil.
- After around 20 minutes, you will see that the water takes on the colour of roses and the petals fade.
- Take this off the flame completely and allow it to cool.
- Later, you can add in a teaspoon of vodka, which does not change any properties, but helps in the preservation of the solution.
- Now strain and transfer to mason jars.
- Voilà. You now have your very own organic magic concoction, readily available for the use of beauty and medicinal purposes.
Also read : How To Get Rid Of Body Odor?
For centuries, rose water has been a trusted remedy for several ailments, from having a history of being used by Cleopatra, to being mentioned in the great works of Shakespeare. Do not hesitate. Try it out and let us know how any of these worked for you!
Don’t forget to share them with your friends.