Uses of Tea Tree Oil : Tea tree oil is one super ingredient obtained from the leaves of tea tree and it is used in a lot of home remedies. It’s popular for its antiseptic and anti-fungal properties that help fight against several kinds of skin infections, insect bites, herpes, infections of the mouth and nose, scabies, rashes, burns and so much more. Scroll down to see the numerous uses of tea tree oil:
15 Best Uses of Tea Tree Oil | Tea Tree Oil Home Remedies
1. For acne: Tea tree oil can be used to treat mild to moderate acne due to its antibacterial property and the ability to fight infections.
Method: Apply a drop of tea tree oil with the help of cotton ball to the affected area. Apply it religiously twice a day for a month to get rid of the root cause of acne.
Also check : Home Remedies for Acne
2. For skin: Tea tree oil can be effectively used to treat all kinds of skin infections, rashes, sunburn, scabies, ringworm, sunburn etc. Directly dab some tea tree oil on the affected area with a cotton swab. If you have a sensitive skin, it is best suggested that you dilute it a few drops of essential oils first prior to application.
Must read : How to Get Rid of Moles on Skin?
3. Prevent lice: Tea tree oil can be used to prevent lice and can be used on kids of more than four years of age. For kids younger than that, you may want to check with your pediatrician first, its complete has not been ensured. Usage of a diluted version of the oil may be recommended.
Method: Add a tablespoon of tea tree oil for every 100 ml of your favourite shampoo. Use this regularly to prevent lice.
Also check : Home Remedies for Head lice
4.Treat athlete’s foot: Athlete’s foot is when you experience inflammation, itching and irritation with mild burning sensation around the bottom of your feet and toenails. Being caused by fungal infection, it is highly contagious and may spread to the other parts of your body if left untreated. Tea tree oil, however, helps to eliminate the root cause of the infection which is the fungus itself.
Method: Apply it with a concentration of 20-25% on the affected area regularly for two weeks.
Must read : Natural Laxatives for Constipation
5. For dandruff: Tea tree oil when applied on scalp can get rid of dandruff too. Adding a few drops of it to your regular oils such as coconut, olive, argan or almond oil will rid all kinds of scalp infections, lesions, itchiness and greasiness in individuals suffering with dandruff.
Also check : How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally?
6. For dental plaque: Tea tree oil also helps in getting rid of all kinds of dental infections. It contains a chemical called xylitol that helps in reducing mouth and teeth problems such as plaque and gingivitis.
Method: Brushing your teeth with this oil regularly for two weeks will help in reducing gum bleeding. Mouthwash containing tea tree oil also seems to reduce plaque formation.
Must read : Home Remedies for Toothache
7. For cold sores: Cold sores may look nasty and are pretty hard to rid because they easily recur. Applying tea tree oil on cold sores will however help in reducing the itching and irritation associated to it.
Also check : How to Heal Mouth Ulcers?
8. Rid skin tags: When applied to the skin tags directly, it helps in removing them completely. The tags will shed off on their own over time upon application.
Must read : How to Remove Skin Tags Easily?
9. Treat bad breath: This oil has amazing anti-bacterial properties, thus tend to kill bacteria that cause foul breath or contribute to tooth decay. Rigorously swish some tea tree oil mixed with warm water in your mouth. Do this for 2-3 weeks to get rid of bad breath completely.
Also check : How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath?
10. As natural disinfectant: Mix tea tree oil with water in a ratio of 1:4, and there, you have your very own homemade natural tiles cleanser. This can be used for mopping as well as to wipe off kitchen slabs. It will help in combating against germs, flies and other insects that cause various diseases along with keeping the house and bathroom smelling and looking fresh.
Must read : 9 Home Remedies For Psoriasis
11. As an antiseptic: This versatile oil can be used as a mild antiseptic liquid for minor cuts, burns and insect bites too. All you have to do is apply a drop or two of tea tree oil to the affected area and leave it overnight.
Also check : Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Mosquito Bites
12. For earaches: Tea tree oil effectively helps in relieving ear ache caused by allergy or viral infections.
Method: Mix a drop of tea tree oil with a drop of olive or mustard oil. Slightly tilt your head and drop this mixture into the ear holes. Repeat the same process to other ear as well.
Must read : Home Remedies for Clogged Ears
13. Freshen up the laundry: This essential oil helps in freshening up laundry and even acts as a fabric conditioner.
Method: Add a few drops of tea tree oil into the additional tray of your washing machine for fresh smelling clothes. For hand washed clothes, you can add a few drops of it to half a bucket of water and use this as a final rinse for the washed clothes.
14. To kill mold: Mix apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil in equal quantity. Then, spray this mixture evenly on mold to get rid of it.
Must read : How to Get Rid of Flies?
15. As a natural deodorant: Tea tree oil is also great to eliminate body odor linked with sweating and bacteria.
Method: Take a spray bottle and mix 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil to half a liter of water. And your natural homemade body spray is ready! Use this after bath to get rid of body odor for at least 3 hours
Also check : Rose Water Benefits and Uses
Bonus : Uses of Tea tree oil Infographic
Tea tree oil, as per our recommendation, is a must have in your vanity cabinet owing to its immense uses in everyday situations. Do let us know which of these remedies worked out for you in the comments section below. We are all ears for your feedback and questions !