What is Quinoa: It is a seed-like grain. People generally consider it as whole grain because it can be cooked just the same way you cook rice and barley. It is found in Andes, where it was widely cultivated, mainly for its edible seeds of course. Although there are hundreds of cultivated types of quinoa, the most common version available in stores are white, red and black quinoa.
Heath Benefits of Quinoa and Its Nutrition Facts
Most health conscious people might consume this frequently. While others may have heard about it but never have tried out before. If this is your very first time hearing about it, then you should definitely go through its list of benefits. HNBT will tell you why you should eat this super food more :
Quinoa Health Benefits:
- Keeps you away from more fats consumption : It is rich in fiber (almost 7g fiber per 100g ) which helps to get rid of unneeded fat. It makes you feel fuller for longer time thereby making you eat less. This can really help to avoid extra fat consumption.
- Helps lower cholesterol level: It is also cholesterol-free. So it eventually helps in lower cholesterol level.
- Promotes weight loss: Generally people who want to lose weight keep the grains and wheat away. But things are not the same with quinoa, fortunately. You can eat bread made up of this ingredient. You should include it in your everyday diet too, as it contains a chockfull amount of fiber and protein.
- Helps lower blood pressure : The high fiber content in it actually helps to lower down blood pressure.
- Supports a gluten-free diet: If you are on a gluten-free diet, then quinoa is certainly the food because it contains zero percent gluten.
- Helps to fight against cardiovascular disease and obesity: The flavonoids present in quinoa helps to fight against these disease. It also upkeeps a good weight, thereby preventing and improving obesity.
- This magical food also helps to balance blood sugar levels. Not only that, the saponins found in it which will be separated during processing can be used as an antiseptic.
Quinoa Nutrition Facts
- Contains all Amino acids: It contains all the 8 amino acids which are essential to our body.
- High in Fiber : It has almost twice as much as fiber than other grains.
- High in Protein : It is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat.
- High in Iron : The super-food has iron which keeps our red blood cells healthy. RBC are responsible for generating hemoglobin.
Also read : 20 Types Of Whole Grains, Nutrients In Them And Their Benefits
- Contains lysine: Lysine is very much essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Rich in magnesium: Magnesium helps blood vessels to relax and thereby easing migraines.
- High in Riboflavin (B2): B2 is essential to boos the energy which is needed by the cells of the brains and muscles. It at the same time help in the production of new cells to, by proving the energy needed in building them.
- Contains Flavonoids : Helps to fight against cardiovascular disease and combat obesity too.
Inforaphic for Health Benefits of Quinoa and Nutrition Facts
Also read : How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes?
That is all that we have for you about the health benefits of quinoa and nutrition facts of quinoa. If you know any other interesting facts or benefits about it that you think we have missed by chance, do let us know. We would be pleased to hear from you!