There are seven billion people on this planet belonging to same species of homo sapiens. And we certainly have many things in common, as humans. We at HNBT have decided to enlighten you with some little-known facts about the human body that we bet you are not aware of!
50 Facts about Human Body
- Women are born as better smellers as compared to men.
- Dream is directly proportional to IQ.
- Fingernails grow four-times faster than toe nails.
- The largest egg in the human body is female-egg and smallest is male sperm.
- Babies are born with blue eyes.
- When babies are born, they have blurred vision.
- The human body contains ten times more bacteria cells than human cells.
- The heart actually doesn’t pump blood, it twists itself so that the blood can be pumped.
- The heartbeat is produced by the opening and closing of atrioventricular valve.
- The pressure of a heartbeat is enough to squirt blood at a distance of 30 ft.
- You tend to loose 20-100 hairs daily.
- Your hair, outer layer of your skin and fingernails are made up of keratin.
- The foot possesses the thickest skin in the entire body.
- The human body (females) ceases to menstruate if you haven’t reached puberty or while pregnancy or during breastfeeding or when menopause is reached.
- There is one part in your human body whose shape remains constant throughout i.e your eyes.
- There is enough iron in your body to make an iron nail.
- Roughly 2kg of your body weight is bacteria.
- Your body has almost 70% of water.
- Sunburns are harmful as they directly affect the blood vessels.
- The most slippery fluids known to man is the Synovial Fluid.
- There 206 types of bones in your body.
- You and your stomach lining blushes simultaneously.
- Speed of nerve cells is 170 mph.
- If your eyes are in the best condition, then you can see a match stick being lighted 80km away.
- 1/20 women and 1/100 men suffer from acne.
You May Also Check
- List Of 10 Natural Antibiotics From Your Kitchen
- 15 Types Of Whole Grains And Their Benefits [Infographic]
- Health Benefits of Quinoa and Nutrition Facts [InfoGraphic]
- Skin Whitening Home Remedies
- On an average, the human body experiences two dreams per night.
- It takes 6 months for babies to develop a permanent skin tone.
- Every minute you skin sheds 30,000 dead cells.
- Any human body ageing between 18 to 60 years weighs 45 kg or more can donate one unit (350 ml) of blood every 90 days.
- A specialized sweat gland is responsible for the ear wax.
- The out skin of the human body gets replaced every 27 days.
- Just like fingerprints, every individual has a unique smell and tongue print.
- The human body tends to taller in the mornings than in the evenings.
- Every ten years, we get a new skeleton
- One in 110,000 have albinism.
- It’s impossible to choke yourself to death.
- When you sneeze, you heart stops beating temporarily.
- Blondes tend to have more hair.
- Whether you have small breasts or large, the number of nerve endings are same for every women.
- Saliva contains natural painkillers.
- Nearly one-fourth of your bones are in your feet.
- Our teeth is a part of the skeleton system, but sadly they are not categorized as bones.
- Human body can survive only for two days without fluids.
- The strongest muscle is the tongue muscle.
- Colder the room you are sleeping in, higher the chances of getting a nightmare.
- The stomach produces a new lining every three days which in turn neutralizes the harmful effects of the acid.
- Men have 5-6 litres of blood while women have 4-5 litres of blood.
- The longest bone in the human body is the thigh bone i.e femur.
- In your life time you produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
- Saliva can reveal your age.
That would be all from us on interesting facts about human body. If you have anything more, then do let us know.
very informative, interesting and few of them were really very surprising fact, well thanks for sharing 😀
Thank you for visiting us again Lata and a big thank you for the appreciation. Hope to surprise you like this in future as well. 🙂