Triangle Pose : The Triangle Pose (also known as the Trikonasana) is considered to be one of the most basic yoga poses for starters as it is simple to do and serves as a great platform to practice balance and posture in our body, which is essential for other yoga poses.
Besides improving balance and posture, there are various other benefits of Triangle Pose, which will be discussed below. Also, we will give you a step-by-step guide to perform Triangle Pose.
How to do Triangle Pose?
Step I : Spread your legs. Keep both the feet at a distance of almost (2-3) feet.
Step II : Rotate your right feet to 90 degrees right and left leg slightly to the right.
Step III : Raise both your arms out wide.
Step IV : From your waist, slowly bend towards the right and touch the ankle of your right leg with your right hand.
Step V : Point the other hand towards the sky. Keep it straight. Look to the left and hold the pose for a while
Step VI : Rotate your left feet to 90 degrees left and right leg slightly to the left.
Step VII : Raise both your arms out wide.
Step VIII : From your waist, slowly bend towards the left and touch the ankle of your left leg with your left hand.
Step IX : Point the other hand towards the sky. Keep it straight. Look to the right and hold the pose for a while.
Also read: 8 Yoga Poses for Anxiety and Depression
Triangle Pose Yoga Youtube
Also read: 6 Yoga Poses for Couples
Triangle Pose Benefits
- Triangle Pose helps in strengthening the lower body especially the knees and ankle. It also strengthens the arms and chest.
- It can also cure several medical conditions like acidity, bronchitis, constipation, indigestion and kidney problem.
- The pose also helps you attain perfect buttocks.
- It improves body posture.
- It improves the body balance.
- The triangle pose also helps increase mental balance.
- Aids effective digestion.
- It can also be used to cure stiff shoulder.
- It opens up the hips, groins, hamstring, calves, shoulder, chest and spine.
- It reduces anxiety and back pain.
- It is also helpful in curing sciatica.
- It is a wonderful remedy for flat feet.
- It helps you grow taller too.
Also read: How to do Pranayama?
Triangle Pose (Trikonasana) Variations
Variations for any pose should be done only when you have mastered the actual pose well. Seek for an expert’s advice to know if you have mastered the pose.
- Triangle Pose with extended arms
Once you have successfully attained the yoga pose through the steps mentioned earlier, it’s time to take the pose further. Let’s say you are in the position with your body bent to the left. Now stretch both hands up in the direction of the head, but keeping them parallel to the ground. Hold the pose for a while. Repeat the step with the other side. Refer to the picture above for visual assistance.
- Triangle Pose with a bind
Once the first pose is done, place both your hands behind your back. Curl the finger of both the hands and hold one hand with the other. Hold the pose for a while and repeat on the other side as well.
Also read: 8 Yoga Poses to Improve Flexibility
That would be all from us. Do you know anything else from what has been mentioned above? Feel free to let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!