How to Get Rid of Alcohol Breath?: Drinking is a terrific way to let loose: helping you unwind after a long, tiring day at work. You probably went boozing last night and now you can’t figure out how to get rid of the horrific alcohol breath. It wouldn’t be wise to show up at your parent’s brunch party reeking of alcohol. So, apart from drinking a gallon of water, what are the other ways to get rid of alcohol breath? Let’s find out:
10 Simple Home Remedies to Get Rid of Alcohol Breath
Now, this is the most basic of them all. Don’t worry, all our remedies are not as simplistic. Note that mouthwash won’t help in combating alcohol smell from your throat or skin, it only helps with your mouth.
- Brush your teeth right before; preferably with toothpaste that contains peppermint or any other strong herb. Gargle with warm water, and spit out the toothpaste.
- Use a mouthwash that has a nice fruity tinge to it; swish it around in your mouth for about 30 seconds to render fresh breath. Try to gargle with it to clean your throat as well. Avoid using mouthwash with alcohol, this might only worsen the situation.
Related: How to stop drinking alcohol?
This is yet another basic remedy to get rid of alcohol breath; it masks foul odor easily.
- Choose a non-sweetened gum stick; preferably sour-flavored. The tartness will induce your salivary glands to produce excessive saliva that will replace the alcohol smell in your mouth. You may alternatively choose a mint flavored gum stick.
That’s right, some strong coffee to kick off your morning can also help in combating ugly alcohol breath. This is because it is a strong smelling beverage itself, making it a convenient cover-up. Besides, who doesn’t like the smell of coffee?
- Have a cup of strong black coffee with no sugar. If you’re experiencing a hangover, drink coffee throughout the day. You may also alternatively munch on some roasted coffee beans throughout the day.
Did you know that this bad boy could help you cover up the odor of booze? Granted that red onions have a pretty strong smell themselves, it can linger on your breath for hours. Now, I know this will not do much, considering breath reeking of onions is also not attractive. Even so, if you’re looking for a cover up from alcohol, it is still a good option.
- Order a salad alongside your drink and ask them to chop some fine red onions with it. This not only tastes great with sandwiches, burgers and meat skewers, but works great with drinks too. You may even use red onions to create a dip if you’re hosting a party and want something with your nachos and drinks.
This is just a cover-up remedy; in case you’re in dire need of hiding the alcohol odor. Like onion, garlic too is a very strong ingredient that has an odor of its own so strong, that there are even home remedies to combat garlic and onion breath. Consumption of the two will result in the smell lingering with you for a few hours, at the least. Note that these two remedies are not recommended in case you have an important date afterwards.
- While consuming alcohol, try including some garlic-flavored snacks, maybe garlic bread or fries.
- After drinking, chew on a few cloves of garlic to get rid of alcohol breath; you may even crush some cloves and mix them with honey to create a paste. Spread this on a slice of bread and consume it for breakfast. Better yet, include some crushed garlic in your morning omelet. You might keep people away for a bit, because let’s face it, garlic breath is never attractive. But at least no one will judge you for a scandalous night out.
Lemon has acetic acid in it, that not only fights the growth of bacteria in the mouth, but also help promote an odorless property. It definitely is very effective in fighting away unpleasant odors.
- Rinse your mouth with some diluted lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt into this mixture in case the alcohol odor appears to be too strong. This remedy is said to effectively eliminate the smell of spirit. Additionally, you may choose to add a slice of lemon into your morning black tea to help freshen your breath.
Related: How to get rid of a headache?
7. Peanut Butter
This is the most bizarre of all, isn’t it? Who would’ve thought that our childhood memories of the strong peanut butter flavor can help cover up strong spirit odors in your breath? In short, no one will even suspect a night of alcoholic debauchery.
- Have a peanut butter sandwich in the morning; slather some onto a slice of toast after an evening of drinking.
- You may alternatively choose to keep a jar of peanut butter in your car; gobble up a spoonful before going home if you don’t want any suspicion.
This herb is super aromatic on its own, and hence works wonders o ge rid of alcohol breath. It has deodorizing and antibacterial properties that help drive out the stench.
- Chew on some fresh parsley leaves. For enhanced results, dip them in vinegar.
- Zip some parsley leaves in a zip lock and chew on it throughout the day.
This condiment is a friend in need without any doubt. Two good news; yellow mustard can be found almost anywhere on the face of earth; yellow mustard can be consumed to eliminate alcohol breath significantly. It has a pungent smell on its own, which makes a great cover up for beer or any spirited drink.
- Slather some mustard onto your sandwich in the morning.
Related: Home remedies to get rid of a fever
10. Tomato Juice
This juice is renowned for its capability to drive away the stench of skunk spray, and we all know how powerful that stink is. Hence, rest assured that tomato juice has got your back in driving away the alcohol breath too. Simply consume a glass of tomato juice before you head out after a night of drinking.
Now that you have learnt some of the best home remedies to get rid of alcohol breath, go ahead and give it a shot! Don’t forget to come back to us with a feedback.