How to Get Rid of Plantar Warts?: Plantar warts are the most common of warts and appear mostly on the soles or toes; in medical terms it is known as a verrucae wart and are caused by the virus, HPV. This virus is known to survive in moist areas, such as swimming pools or locker room floors, where they can get in direct touch with human skin, that is, feet. People with cracks in their feet are most susceptible to this condition. Nevertheless, they are fairly harmless. You can learn more about the condition here. That said, try out the following home remedies to get rid of plantar warts:
How to Get Rid of Plantar Warts?: 10 Home Remedies for Plantar Warts
1. Aloe Vera
This is the greatest natural remedy there is on the planet to help prevent not just plantar warts, but also many other skin conditions. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties as well as healing powers that effectively fight off warts. Its moisturizing property helps in getting rid of the outer layer of skin as well.
- Cut out a piece of aloe vera from the plant that is big enough to coincide with the plantar wart. Put the aloe vera piece onto the wart and cover it up with a bandage. Leave it like so overnight, and remove it first thing in the morning. Now, clean the area with water; you may even apply some aloe vera gel afterwards. Your warts should be gone in a few days after repetition.
Related: How to get rid of warts/common warts?
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Most of the home remedies you see will have aloe vera and apple cider vinegar as the first two in their list, as they are really powerful. Apple cider vinegar works wonders to get rid of plantar warts. The acetic property of vinegar helps in preventing abnormal growth on skin. Additionally, it has antiviral properties, which helps fight away the virus.
- Take some unfiltered apple cider vinegar and dilute it with equal parts of water. Now dip a cotton ball in this solution and apply it on the injured area. After this, cover the area with tape and keep it overnight, same as the aloe vera. Do this every day until you see that the plantar wart has healed completely.
Related: How to get rid of genital warts?
3. Duct Tape
This is definitely the most effective way to remove plantar warts; cover it with duct tape, and it’ll shrink the warts until they disappear.
- Clean your feet with warm water and pat dry. Cut out a piece of duct tape, a little larger than the size of the wart. Put the duct tape on the wart for about 2 days. After removing the tape, repeat the whole process again. Do this until you see the wart fade.
Related: How to get rid of ringworm?
4. Banana Peel
The enzymes present in the banana peel help in softening the plantar warts; once softened, they are easy to get rid of. Even scrubbing them off will do.
- Cut out a portion of the peel, as big as the wart. Tape it over the affected area and leave overnight. Remove the peel the following morning and soak in warm water for 15 minutes. Now, scrub it gently with a pumice stone. Wash the area afterward and pat dry. Do this until the wart disappears.
Related: Natural remedies for skin tag removal?
5. Colloidal Silver
Yet another great remedy for removing plantar warts is colloidal silver. It has natural antimicrobial properties that help in combating the virus. Combine this with our amazing duct tape method, and we’ve got a winner.
- Dab a cotton ball in some colloidal silver and apply it on the affected area. Now, cover it with duct tape and leave untouched overnight. Clean the area with warm water the following morning. Gently rub with a pumice stone. Repeat the procedure again, for as many times as required.
Related: How to Get Rid of Moles On Skin?
Garlic has surprising anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that can get rid of plantar warts. It also has caustic properties that does not permit warts to breed; hence they are restricted to falling off eventually. Additionally, it boosts the immune system.
- Apply some fresh garlic cloves onto the warts. Cover it with duct tape on the wart, and leave untouched, overnight. Clean the area in the morning with warm water and pat dry. Repeat this treatment once a day until you see the situation improve.
Related: 10 Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Corns Naturally
7. Castor oil
This is another great remedy that is easily available, and does great things in removing plantar warts. Castor oil is composed of ricinoleic acid that has natural healing and anti-inflammatory properties that bring down the symptoms and promote its healing process. It also cuts out the supply of moisture, which is how the virus breeds in the first place, hence combating the problem from its root.
- Soak a cotton ball in some castor oil and dab it against the affected aea. With duct tape, seal the cotton ball against the dart, and leave it like so overnight. The next morning, soak the wart in warm water for a couple of minutes. Rub off the dead skin with a pumice stone and repeat as needed.
Related: How to get rid of chigger bite?
8. Tea Tree Oil
Yet another great home remedy for reduction of plantar warts from your feet. It has natural antiseptic and antiviral properties that not only help with fighting off the virus, but also build your immune system, thereby making you stronger.
- Create a mixture of coconut oil with a few drops of tea tree oil. Now, soak a cotton swab in this mixture and dab it against the plantar wart. Cover it with a bandage and leave it be for a couple of hours. After removing it from your foot, rinse the plantar with warm water. Repeat this procedure a few times a day until you start seeing a difference.
Related: Home remedies for athlete’s foot
It’s not only effective in preventing those headaches from killing you, apparently it can get rid of plantar warts too!
- After neatly cleaning your feet, crush a few tablets of aspirin and add some water to render a paste. Apply this paste onto your skin and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning and repeat the process as needed.
Related: How to get rid of razor bumps?
10. Lemon essential oil
This oil has strong antiseptic properties, helping in cutting out the source of viruses that cause plantar warts.
- Apply some lemon essential oil to the affected area and massage. Leave it on for a few hours and rinse off later. Repeat as needed.
Those were some of the best home remedies to get rid of plantar warts at home. Try them out and let us know how they worked for you.