How to Get Rid of Razor Bumps on Vagina?: Razor bumps usually occur because of techniques used for hair removal (do not confuse razor bumps with warts- you can check for STD symptoms here). The root cause of this annoying problem is that the hair is either trimmed to a length that makes it grow into the skin or cut off midway. It is always likely that the pubic hair remains inside the follicle, curling around the skin. There are also circumstances where in addition to skin darkening and pus development, keloid scars develop. And as the body tries to fight the growth of hair, it may result in breakouts that look similar to pimples. If you want to get rid of razor bumps on vagina, you should consider trying out simple home remedies – they can be quite effective in putting your misery to an end.
How to Get Rid of Razor Bumps on Vagina Naturally
Here is a look at some of the best home remedies to help you get rid of razor bumps from your genital area:
1. Cold Compress
Cold compresses are one of the most effective natural ways to get rid of razor bumps on vagina. It is simple yet quick to work. A cold compress can help in relieving the irritation, itchiness, inflammation and swelling of the skin that often come along with razor bumps. It is also helpful in improving blood circulation.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a thin, soft cloth after cleaning your skin with a mild soap.
- Apply the compress on the bumps and leave it on for 10 to 30 seconds.
- You can also use a cloth dipped in ice-cold water.
- Repeat several times to get rid of rashes.
- Remember never to apply ice directly on your skin – it can do more harm than good.
2. Hot Compress
Like cold compresses, hot compresses work wonders when you want to eliminate razor bumps from your genital area. It helps open up the pores of the skin and reduce the risk of developing razor bumps. It also helps in eliminating any form of inflammation on the skin.
- Dip a soft cloth or towel in hot water. Make sure that it is not too hot or it will burn your skin.
- Place the cloth on the affected area for about 30 seconds and remove.
- Repeat every few minutes and you will notice the bumps going away.
- You can also use a heating pad for this remedy.
One of nature’s best moisturizers, honey has some wonderful effects on the skin. You can use it to naturally get rid of razor bumps on vagina too. It contains properties that prevent bacterial growth and help in healing the bumps. Honey also has anti-inflammatory properties that relieve swelling as well as treat and prevent infections.
- Apply raw, organic honey to the area with razor bumps.
- Leave it on for about 5 to 10 minutes to allow your skin to absorb it.
- Next, wash off thoroughly with lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
- Raw, organic honey is the best for this remedy as it contains all the goodness necessary to treat the problem effectively.
4. Aloe Vera
When it comes to problems affecting the skin, nothing works quite as amazingly as aloe vera. This plant is rich in amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, which all have great benefits for the skin. Its gel also contains salicylic acid that moisturizes your skin and fights infections. Aloe vera gel also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in healing wounds and reducing inflammation. It soothes skin irritation and redness. Last but not least, this amazing plant stimulates skin cells to boost collagen production, which helps improve the skin’s elasticity and health.
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and apply directly on the affected area.
- Leave it on until it is absorbed by your skin and dries completely.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times daily until your razor bumps are completely gone.
5. Coconut Oil
Like honey, coconut oil is known to be an excellent natural moisturizer and it works great for a range of skin problems, including razor bumps. Apart from moisturizing and softening your skin, this beneficial oil also helps in reducing and eliminating bacteria and relieving rashes that come with razor bumps. You will get soft, smooth and bump-free skin in no time when you use coconut oil.
- Mix virgin coconut oil and sugar – the amount depends on how much you need.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area and gently scrub, using circular motions, for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes to let your skin absorb the oil’s goodness.
- Rinse off with water and gently pat dry.
- Repeat this daily until your bumps are gone.
- If you think that the scrub will irritate your skin more, apply only coconut oil to the affected area.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
You probably know that apple cider vinegar, or ACV, is one of the best home remedies for a lot of problems, and not just those affecting the skin. It is also one of the most recommended natural remedies to get rid of razor bumps on vagina. It has antifungal and antiseptic properties that help in reducing skin infection and relieving itching, inflammation, swelling, and pain. ACV also effectively removes dead skin cells and repairs damaged skin.
- Take ½ a cup of ACV and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Apply it evenly on the affected area and let it dry naturally.
- Once dry, wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat at least 3 times a day to get rid of razor bumps fast.
- If you have sensitive skin, dilute the ACV with an equal amount of water so that your skin does not get irritated or inflamed.
7. Cucumber and Milk
Cucumber has a soothing effect on the skin and also hydrates it. It also has healing properties that make it a wonderful natural remedy for soothing razor bumps on the genital area. Milk too has amazing effects on the skin and helps moisturize it to keep it soft and smooth. Together, these two ingredients are the perfect combination to help you get rid of razor bumps fast.
- Blend 1 cucumber and ¼ cup of milk to make a puree.
- Allow the puree to cool in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Next, apply it to the affected area and leave it on for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off with tepid water.
- Repeat twice a day for 2 consecutive days.
- You can also chill cucumber slices and rub them on the affected area for about 5 minutes.
- Allow the juice to dry naturally and then rinse off with cool water.
- Repeat 2 times daily until you notice that the razor bumps have gone.
Home remedies are great to get rid of razor bumps on vagina as you do not have to use harmful chemicals on this sensitive area of your body. They are safe and natural and work wonders in eliminating and treating the problem. The best part is that you always have the necessary ingredients at home, so you can easily prepare a great natural treatment for razor bumps and get soft and smooth skin that is free of any irritation, inflammation or pain.