How to Get Rid of Vaginal Cysts?: A common occurrence in middle-aged women is the development of cysts. They may be small in size, and mostly painless. Among the many types, the most common one is the inclusion cyst: they are tiny, painless bumps that don’t stick around for too long. But if you find cysts forming on the vaginal opening that is not entirely painless, you might have a slight issue. If the cyst is infected, there’s another level of discomfort involved, as it includes potential swelling and reddening of the skin. Here are some of our favourite home remedies that are highly recommended in order to get rid of vaginal cysts:
1. Aloe Vera
This is our go-to herbal plant of all times; it has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial (antimicrobial, from a holistic point of view) properties that are commonly responsible in combating numerous skin problems. It can get rid of vaginal cysts post childbirth.
- Pluck an aloe vera leaf and scoop out some fresh gel. Let it cool in the refrigerator for about half an hour. Now apply this gel directly onto the affected area. Leave it be for an hour, after which, you have to rinse off with cold water.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is yet another powerful remedy to treat skin issues; it has desirable antimicrobial properties that help treat infected bumps on skin. Further, its anti-inflammatory properties helps bring down the swelling. The acidic nature of it prevents bacterial infections and balances out the pH level.
- Bathe in diluted apple cider vinegar. Fill your tub with some lukewarm water. Add some apple cider vinegar to it, about half a cup. Now lower your body into this bath and soak in it for about 10 minutes. Then, rinse off the area with clean water.
- If you choose not to bathe in it, you may even dab a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar against the affected area. Repeat this procedure 4-5 times a day.
3. Warm-hot compresses
Warm and hot compresses are effective in treating vaginal cysts, as it is known to promote blood circulation and drive out the tenderness of the tissues. Proper blood circulation equates to alleviated pain, which also makes the healing process faster, while reducing inflammation. It also helps bring down the redness of the vulva.
- Dab a cotton swab in some warm water. Apply it on the affected area. Repeat this a few times to ease the pain. When the fluids start to drain out, rinse it off with warm water and apply some antibiotic cream.
4. Castor oil
Again, a great natural remedy to get rid of vaginal cysts. It has anti-inflammatory properties that bring down potential swelling and eliminate infections, while bringing down the pain.
- Ensure that you have washed the area thoroughly and wiped it with a dry towel. Soak a cotton swab in some organic castor oil and dab it against the affected area. Leave it on for about 30-40 minutes. Now rinse off with cold water. You may repeat this procedure twice a day, until you see the swelling come down.
5. Tea Tree Oil
You’d be surprised at the many desirable properties of tea tree oil; it has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that make it ideal for treating cysts on the vaginal wall. It also reduces the swelling, prevents infections and eliminates the pus formation within the cysts. That’s not all- it is also naturally antiseptic in nature, thereby preventing ovarian infections from forming on the vaginal opening. Any discomfort that may be experienced due to the vaginal cysts can be combated with the soothing effects of tea tree oil.
- Mix some warm water with a few drops of tea tree oil. Use this solution as a vaginal wash and rinse the opening neatly.
- Alternatively, you may mix a few drops of tea tree oil with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Soak a cotton swab in this solution and dab it against the affected area. Leave it be for about 30-40 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Don’t forget to put some antibiotic cream afterward. You may use this home remedy a few times a day to get rid of vaginal cysts faster.
6. The SITZ bath
Taking many sitz baths together promotes the health of the vagina. It also helps in bringing down the pain and potential inflammation that may arise with the bumps. It even prevents infection from occurring, whilst fighting away the pain. These baths are taken during rectal surgeries, anal fistulas, uterine cramps and other vaginal infections. They work wonders in reducing the amount of discomfort experienced due to the bumps. This soothing bath also helps in relaxing the body muscles. So if you’re having a stressful day, you know which home remedy works best for you.
- Mix some Epsom salt in your bathtub filled with warm water. Now sit in this sitz bath for about half an hour. Pat dry the vaginal area and repeat this bath a few times throughout the day.
7. Indian Lilac
This natural herb is one of the best medicines for curing any sort of lump on the vagina. It has several desirable traits, including it being antiviral, antiulcer, antifertility, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature. People oftentimes use Indian lilac oil as a cleaning agent for the inner walls of their vagina post-conceiving to prevent infections from occurring. Apply its oil daily to get rid of vaginal cysts.
This is a great remedy to fight all kinds of vaginal cysts. It also helps fight infection, as it has natural antibiotic properties. It is also proven to help reduce the pus formation. Also, garlic, when consumed on daily basis, further improves the overall immune system, while promoting proper blood circulation.
- In a cup of boiling water, add a few garlic cloves. Let this simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Take out the cloves and use the water as a vaginal wash.
- The garlic cloves can be made into a paste. Apply this to the affected area and let it be for half an hour. Now, rinse off with warm water. Repeat this 3 times a day to see enhanced results.
Now that you have learnt some of the best home remedies to get rid of vaginal cysts, so ahead and try them out. Don’t forget to seek medical assistance should the condition not improve within 5 days of home treatment.