How treat Adrenal Fatigue?: Have you ever read the phrase adrenaline rush and wondered what it was? Adrenaline is an essential hormone that the adrenal glands produce in the body. When there is an insufficient production of the hormone, it is referred to as hypoadrenia or adrenal fatigue. Keep in mind that if you are suffering from this condition, it cannot be fixed overnight. Adrenal fatigue takes time to cure. However, there are a number of easy home remedies you can follow to manage this condition better and treat it naturally. And remember, patience is key in this case as natural remedies need time to work their magic. Here are some home remedies to treat adrenal fatigue:
How to Treat Adrenal Fatigue Naturally with Home Remedies?
1) Coconut oil
Both virgin and organic coconut oil have balanced fats that prevent adrenal fatigue, while boosting your energy levels. The healthy fats in coconut oil (known as triglycerides) can be digested easily and form direct energy sources. It is also essential in sustaining energy levels.
- Consume a few tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil. Try adding it to your morning coffee or smoothies. While baking goods, add coconut oil as an ingredient (preferably extra virgin).
- Try regular oil pulling the first thing in the morning when you awake; it helps in keeping your body toxin-free.
Related: How to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level with Home Remedies?
2) Foods rich in magnesium
Magnesium is a quintessential nutrient that helps in keeping up your adrenal health, hence can treat adrenal fatigue directly. It breaks down glucose into energy and a deficiency of this mineral can lead to a dip in stamina and energy levels. Dangerously low levels of the mineral may also lead to depression. When suffering from adrenal fatigue, you should get your magnesium levels checked. The first thing to do is to include more magnesium-rich foods into your diet. The daily intake that is recommended for men is 350 mg and for women is 300 mg.
- Magnesium-rich foods include dark, leafy green vegetables, fish, soybeans, nuts, banana, dark chocolate and avocados.
- You may opt for a magnesium supplement. But you should consult your doctor before doing so.
- You can also mix unsulfured molasses with hot milk and drink it. This is equally effective.
Related: 6 Home Remedies for Dry Eyes Based on Ingredients in Your Kitchen
This is one of the best natural remedies for regulating cortisol levels. The acid present in it inhibits the cortisol breakdown that helps in bringing the adrenaline in the blood stream up to normal levels. It also helps in keeping the levels of a stress-fighting hormone called dehydroepiandrosterone on-par.
- Add some licorice powder to some boiling water. Let it steep for 10 minutes, and then strain it. Allow it to cool and then drink the tea. Drink 2-3 cups a day for an entire week for best results.
- Licorice supplement is another great and easy to use option. However, consult your physician before you pop in a pill.
TIP: Do not consume way too much licorice; it can lead to high blood pressure.
Related: 9 Effective Home Remedies for Asthma – Natural Remedies for Asthma
4) Vitamin B-Complex
There are many B vitamins that play a key role in the proper metabolism of a cell, working to keep up the energy levels in your body. B5 in particular helps in producing coenzyme A. This helps in proper cellular respiration, while breaking down fats, proteins and carbohydrates efficiently. B6, on the other hand, aids in producing the adrenal hormone while B12 helps in keeping the energy production levels high and maintaining the count of red blood cells.
- Include foods that are rich in vitamin B in your regular diet. Some of these foods include beans, grains, cereals, dairy products, etc.
- You can also take B-complex supplements. Consult your doctor before doing so to get the proper dosage.
Related: How to Get Rid Of a Kidney Infection? Top 8 Home Remedies For Kidney Infection
5) Vitamin C
We all know how important it is to keep your vitamin C intake intact because it keeps your immune system up and running. It is also beneficial to treat adrenal fatigue. It has powerful antioxidants that produce cortisol. It is also important for the production of norepinephrine, dopamine and epinephrine. You could say that Vitamin C is the building block for your adrenal glands to function correctly.
- Eat more foods rich in vitamin C, including grapefruit, kiwi, broccoli, oranges, strawberries, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc.
- You can also take Vitamin C supplements. However, you should consult your doctor before doing so to get the proper dosage.
Related: Everything You Need To Know About Hypertension and Weight
This is a powerful herb that regulates the adrenal glands and various other systems in the body. Ashwagandha is known to help the adrenaline glands adjust to stress by producing stress hormones when required, and stopping the production when it is not. It is very helpful in reducing levels of anxiety, boosting the immune system and improving sleep cycles. It is also a great antioxidant.
- The recommended dosage is about 500 mg per day. As with any herbal supplements, it is important to consult your doctor before consuming any Ashwagandha supplements.
Related: How To Get Rid of Boils? Top 10 Home remedies for Treating Boils and Carbuncles
7) Consume a lot of water
Staying hydrated is key to treat adrenal fatigue. Water is a prerequisite for the body to function properly, and it is vital to keep your adrenal glands functioning properly too. Drinking lesser amounts of water results in dehydration that leads to adrenal fatigue. Additionally, water fights fatigue to build stamina.
- Drink up water – as many glasses as you can! This will ensure that your body has enough energy to carry out day to day functions without succumbing to fatigue. You may also choose to drink blended fruit/vegetable juices without adding extra sugar.
- Caffeine is a major no-no. It causes dehydration and stimulates the release of stress hormones. The same goes for alcohol. Replace caffeinated and alcoholic beverages with water or healthy juices.
Related: Foods High In Zinc : 15 Zinc Rich Foods For Zinc Deficiency
8) Physical activity
As counterintuitive as it may seem, staying physically active is an effective way to keep adrenaline fatigue away. And you do not have to do any vigorous or strenuous activities. Walking, jogging, swimming, dancing, and other simple exercises are a great way to stay active and lower body weight. This will in turn keep your adrenaline glands functioning as they should.
- Vigorous physical activities like excessive cardio or endurance training are hard on the adrenal glands, which means that you should avoid them if you suffer from adrenaline fatigue. As mentioned above, simple and moderate exercises will do so that you do not stress your adrenaline glands.
Related: Human Hormones – Get To Know The Most Common Hormones
9) Diaphragmatic breathing
Practicing some relaxing exercises such as diaphragmatic breathing is an excellent way to treat adrenaline fatigue naturally. Such techniques help in preventing the adrenaline glands from constantly releasing hormones that cause a hyper-vigilant state in the body. Diaphragmatic breathing not only helps in restoring energy, but also combats stress and anxiety that often adversely affect adrenaline function and energy level.
- Lie down comfortably, and place both your hands on your stomach.
- Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 2 seconds. Breathe out slowly.
- Repeat for 10 minutes and throughout the day.
Related: How to Increase Sperm Count and Motility Fast? Home Remedies and Foods
As mentioned earlier, Vitamin C plays an important role in fighting and preventing adrenaline fatigue. Lemon is one of the best sources of this nutrient, making it an excellent natural remedy for this condition. The adrenaline glands produce aldosterone, a hormone that normalizes the level of water in the body. Adrenaline fatigue prevents these glands from working properly, causing dehydration, low energy, stress, anxiety, and depression. Lemon works effectively in hydrating the lymph system and maintaining the body’s pH balance.
- Mix the juice of ½ a lemon and 1 pinch of Celtic salt in 1 glass of warm water.
- Drink this solution every morning to effectively treat adrenaline fatigue.
Related: How to Increase Testosterone Naturally? Foods that Increase Testosterone
If you have been feeling stressed and anxious, easily exhausted, or have difficulty sleeping, adrenaline fatigue may be the cause. Other symptoms include hair loss, skin discoloration, body ache, lightheadedness, weight loss, low blood pressure and salt and sugar cravings. Adrenaline fatigue is quite a common condition, but the fact is that the medical community does not consider it a serious issue and there are no medications for it. Hence, if you experience any of these symptoms, you can try out the home remedies provided to treat adrenal fatigue and prevent it.