How to get rid of white spots on your teeth?: You’re never fully dressed without a smile. Whoever said that was pure genius. BUT what happens when those pearly white teeth have spots on them? Will your smile be just as beautiful and attractive? Highly doubtful. Although they are fairly harmless (except that it kills your swagger) and easy to treat, most people are left unaware of some easy ways in which they can be combated. Note, however, that these marks on your teeth show the first sign that your teeth are possibly decaying. Ouch.
So how to go about with its treatment? One thing you can do is make an appointment with your dentist. They will make your teeth spotless and beautiful, no doubt. But this option is on the pricier side. So let us then go through some of the home remedies to get rid of white spots on your teeth!
It works like a charm! Lemon is used for many skin remedies to combat spots or blemishes of any sort. That said, it is also very effective in removing the white spots from your teeth. As you know, lemon has citric acid in its constituency. This citric property is what will help remove the white spots. Want to pick it up a notch, and see better results? Mix it with salt. Salt mixed with lemon juice helps remove white spots easier; it also helps drive out bad breath and nourishes the gums. Sea salt would be your best shot here, as it is full of minerals.
- Take a pinch of sea salt and sprinkle it into some lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your teeth and rub it in for 2-3 minutes. Now rinse it out with water and repeat as required.
2. Baking Soda
This is probably one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of white spots on your teeth. What’s even more interesting? Most of the remaining remedies can be combined with baking soda to provide extensive results. It is perhaps, the alkaline nature that helps keep away the plaques, and thereby, white spots from your teeth. Its release of free radicals, upon contacting water makes it easier to remove white spots on teeth.
- You can brush with baking soda! After wetting your toothbrush with water, dip it into baking soda, abundantly. Now brush your teeth regularly. It is that simple. Repeat this process for not more than twice a week, until you see no more white spots on your teeth.
- NOTE: You’re bound to feel a tingling sensation when brushing with baking soda, but this is normal. Of course, if this is replaced by a burning sensation, then stop immediately and consult your doctor.
Related: How to alleviate braces pain?
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
Yes, it has amazing whitening and bleaching properties that are effective on teeth. Combine this with baking soda, and we have a winner.
- Again, brush your teeth regularly with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Dip your wet toothbrush into this mixture and brush your teeth for about 2 minutes. Rinse your mouth with normal water and repeat this procedure as needed.
4. Peppermint extract and Glycerin
You’d be surprised at how effective the additive antiseptic and antibacterial properties work together. Peppermint extract works wonders at stopping plaque from forming, and beats teeth discoloration. It also adds a nice flavor. Glycerin helps in making the teeth stain-free.
- Mix some baking soda and glycerin in a bowl, and add a few drops of peppermint extract oil into it. Create a paste, and then apply it on your teeth. Brush for 2 minutes. Repeat as needed, for not more than twice a week.
They are loaded with antioxidants and Vitamin C that help in removing stains from teeth. Not only does it get rid of white spots on your teeth, but it also keeps your teeth white and prevents white spots from coming back for a long term on regular use.
- Create a smooth paste of strawberries by mashing them together. Add a pinch of baking soda to this and mix it well. Now brush your teeth with this mixture for about 2 minutes. Rinse out your mouth with water and follow this remedy, twice a week until you start seeing the results you wish for.
Although it is known to stain your skin for a short while, turmeric ironically makes for a great remedy for removing stains from teeth; thereby removing white spots too. Mixing with lemon juice or salt will peak the results.
- Mix some turmeric powder with lemon juice and salt, and create a paste. Apply this onto your teeth, and rub gently for about 2 minutes with clean fingers. Rinse out your mouth with water and repeat as needed.
Holy basil works great to get rid of white spots on your teeth, as it has natural whitening abilities. They also help with bleeding gums and drive out bad breath.
- Take some clean, dry basil leaves and powder them. Brush your teeth with this powder and repeat as needed.
Related: Best home remedies for toothache
Vinegar, known for its acidic properties miraculously removes white spots from teeth when combined with baking soda.
- Mix some vinegar and baking soda to form a paste. Now brush your teeth with this paste for 2 minutes and then rinse your mouth with normal water. You may repeat this procedure for not more than twice a week until you see the white spots gone.
Margosa or neem has astringent properties that help combat white spots and yellow stains from your teeth. It is also great at maintaining your overall oral health with its antibacterial properties.
- Take some toothpaste in a bowl and add 2 drops of margosa oil in it. Mix well. Now brush your teeth with this toothpaste and watch how your teeth transform. Rinse out your mouth was water afterwards.
10. Oil pulling:
Coconut oil is the best remedy for oil pulling; it contains lauric acid that helps remove white spots, nourishes teeth and drives out potential plaque.
- Swish two tablespoons of coconut oil in your mouth for 10 minutes. Spit out the oil and wash your mouth with warm water. Follow this procedure every day to see results faster.
Related: How to get rid of jaw pain?
Now that you have learnt some of the best home remedies to get rid of white spots on your teeth, go ahead and try them out. Don’t forget to let us know how they worked for you!