Home Remedies for Hormonal Imbalance: Hormones, such as insulin, adrenaline, testosterone, and estrogen, are highly important chemical messengers that have an effect on many aspects of your overall health. They are secreted by different organs and glands, including your adrenals, thyroid, pancreas, pituitary, ovaries, and testicles. The entire endocrine system works together in order to control the hormone levels that circulate throughout your body. If one or more of these hormones are even just a little imbalanced, it can result in widespread, serious health issues. Fortunately, there are remedies that you can follow to naturally balance your hormones and prevent the potential health problems that can develop.
7 Home Remedies for Hormonal Imbalance; Foods, Lifestyle & Diet
Here is a look at some of the best home remedies for hormonal imbalance in your body.
1. Eat More Avocados
Are you a fan of avocado? Here’s a good news for you, it is one of the best foods for hormonal imbalance. Avocados are rich in healthy monounsaturated fats as well as fiber, B vitamins, Vitamin E, folic acid, magnesium, and potassium. These nutrients are all essential to maintaining balanced hormonal. Along with maintaining the levels of hormones in your body, avocados also take care of cholesterol. I
- Include more avocados in your diet to gain all the benefits they have to offer.
2. Get More Omega-3s
As mentioned already, healthy fats are essential for hormonal balance in your body. This is why it is important to make sure that you get more Omega-3 fatty acids and saturated fats. The problem is that people consume too many Omega-6 fatty acids that polyunsaturated vegetable oils contain. Omega-3s and saturated fats are the building blocks for the production of hormones, so they are especially vital for hormonal and proper cellular function.
- Add more foods rich in these essential fats to your diet, including olive oil, walnuts, soybeans, flaxseeds, oily fish, winter squash, Chia seeds, etc. You can also opt for supplements, but consult your doctor before taking them.
3. Use Coconut Oil
You can find coconut oil in almost every home. Whether you use it for cooking or massage, this oil offers a multitude of benefits, including treating a wide range of diseases and ailments. Coconut oil is also known to be one of the most effective home remedies for hormonal imbalance. It even helps in improving immunity, boosting your metabolism, reducing weight, and balancing blood sugar levels. With so many benefits in line, it is only natural that you start consuming more coconut oil. If you plan to do so, make sure that you always consume extra-virgin coconut oil.
- Incorporate 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to your daily diet. It is great as a cooking oil as it has a very high smoking point.
4. Increase Your Vitamin D Intake
This vitamin has an effect on the pituitary gland, which is responsible for the production of many hormones. It also helps with health issues that are associated with reduced estrogen levels. Additionally, Vitamin D deficiency can result in an abnormal secretion from the parathyroid gland, which in turn can have an effect on your appetite and weight. If you have problems related to an imbalance of hormones, getting more Vitamin D should be one of your top priorities.
- The sun is one of the best sources of Vitamin D. Lie down or go for a walk outdoors under the sun for at least 10 to 15 minutes daily.
- Increase your intake of foods rich in Vitamin D as well. Consume more eggs, milk, cod liver oil and oily fish to make sure that you get enough of this vital nutrient to balance your hormones.
5. Add More Carrots to Your Daily Diet
Carrots have many health benefits, including balancing hormones in both men and women. It is rich in dietary fiber that helps in absorbing excess estrogen and flushing it out of your body, making it easily one of the best home remedies for hormonal imbalance. It also prevents the hormone from being reabsorbed in the intestine. This is incredibly important as excessive estrogen – whether it is from being exposed to xenoestrogens in the environment or from production from your diet or by your body – can result in all kinds of hormonal disruptions, including acne, PMS, infertility and mood disorders.
- Include more carrots in your daily diet.
- You can this delicious veggie raw in salads, steam them or add them to different recipes.
6. Get More Active
As you know, exercise helps to keep your body fit and healthy. But it also does a lot more, including for your hormones. The physical activity from exercising affects the production of hormones, thereby balancing them. When you work out, it helps in reducing the levels of cortisol, the hormone that causes stress. This is helpful as the imbalance of the hormone can lead to mood swings.
- Hit the gym for 40 minutes regularly.
- Or, you can enjoy a sport with friends or sweat it out by dancing around your house every day.
- You can also reduce stress by practicing yoga and other relaxation techniques.
7. Use the Benefits of Herbs
There are herbs that have powerful medicinal properties that can help in treating various health issues, including hormonal problems. You can use certain herbs, known as phyto-estrogenic herbs as home remedies for hormal imbalance. However, you should make sure to consult a doctor before using an herbal remedy to treat any health condition or problem. You should keep in mind that phyto-estrogenic herbs add plant-based estrogen to the body when eaten – this can prevent your body from producing its own estrogen.
- Some of the herbs you can use for hormonal imbalance include black cohosh, chaste tree berry, ginkgo biloba, ashwagandha, rhodiola, Asian ginseng, and red raspberry leaf, to name a few.
Hormonal imbalance is a serious problem that can lead to more complications if left unchecked. You should visit your doctor if you experience its symptoms. At the same time, these simple yet effective home remedies for hormonal imbalance will also ensure that you are in great health.