How Get Rid of Blackheads in Ears?: Blackheads form due to the accretion of dirt/oil/dead skin/sebum in the ears that results in clogged pores, ultimately leading to blackheads. They can be irritating and problematic, especially when they are in your ears. Blackheads can also be tender and a little painful. So how do you get rid of blackheads in ears? Why worry when you can easily gather ingredients from your kitchen to remedy them right at your home? They are natural and safe, and work pretty well too.
Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads in Ears
Here is a look at some of the top natural remedies to help you get rid of blackheads in ears:
Never underestimate the power of citric acid. The lemon juice remedy is very effective in eliminating painful blackheads in the ears as it is very rich in citric acid and alpha hydroxy-acid. Lemon acts as a natural exfoliator and helps in removing bacteria.
How to Use:
- Extract 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into a bowl and dilute it with 1/2 tablespoon of water.
- Take a cotton swab or cotton ball and soak it in this solution.
- Gently dab this soaked swab or ball directly onto the blackheads and allow it to dry naturally.
- Wipe off the solution with a cotton ball soaked in warm water.
- Repeat 2 times a day until the blackheads are gone.
2. Lemonade + boiled milk
It might sound weird, but this one works miracles on blackheads. As mentioned already, the citric acid in lemon juice is a great source of Vitamin C and helps in tightening the pores while removing blackheads simultaneously. Milk, on the other hand, contains lactic acid that helps dissolve impurities from the face. Hence, this mixture helps in a speedy recovery from blackheads.
How to Use:
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice with 1/4 teaspoon of boiled milk.
- Apply this solution directly on the blackheads in the affected ear.
- Let the solution dry and then gently squeeze the blackhead to unclog pores.
- Repeat this process once a day for a week until you can no longer see any blackheads.
3. Tea Tree oil
This is yet another great way to get rid of blackheads in ears naturally, and faster. The antibacterial properties present in tea tree oil is indisputable and further helps in disinfecting pores. Tea tree oil helps in drying blackheads out completely. It is indeed an “essential” oil in helping banishing blackheads.
How to Use:
- Add 4 drops of tea tree oil to a small bowl of 2 teaspoons of plain water or jojoba oil.
- Mix well and dip a cotton ball into it.
- Dab it gently on the blackheads in your ears.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then use a cotton swab dipped in warm water to wipe off the mixture.
- You can also try placing the saturated cotton ball into the ears all night.
- In the morning, remove the cotton ball and wipe your ears with a clean, damp towel.
- Repeat this procedure once a day throughout the week or until you start seeing your blackheads vanish completely.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a great exfoliator that can remove microbes and dirt from the skin, and can be used effectively to remove blackheads. It also helps in removing excess oil and unclogging pores that have developed into blackheads. Baking soda balances out the skin’s pH levels too, which is important to maintain a healthy skin.
How to Use:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the blackheads in the affected ear.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy once a week or until you notice that the blackheads are gone.
5. Warm Compresses
Warm compresses have been used since time immemorial in treating myriad skin issues. A warm compress can also do wonders in bidding blackheads goodbye. Wondering how? A warm compress expands the pores, and thereby loosens the dead skin cells, excess oil, and impurities that may have been clogged up inside the pores. When these impurities are dislodged, it makes it easier to get rid of blackheads in ears. If your blackheads are painful, you will find that the warmth from the compress eases the pain.
How to Use:
- Boil a cup of water and let it cool just a little.
- Soak a clean towel in it for a few seconds before squeezing out any excess water.
- Apply this warm compress against the affected area and dab against the skin for 5 minutes.
- Use a gentle cleanser to clean the affected ear.
- Repeat this process 2 times a day for a couple of days.
6. Rubbing Alcohol
This is an amazing remedy that works wonders in eliminating blackheads naturally. Rubbing alcohol is known to be a natural sterilizer by nature, and thereby helps in removing blackheads by killing whatever bacteria may be present under the surface of the skin. This procedure can combat the condition almost overnight.
How to Use:
- Dip a clean cotton ball into a small bowl of rubbing alcohol and gently squeeze out any excessive solution.
- Gently dab this cotton ball against the affected skin and leave it on for 5 minutes, allowing it to dry naturally.
- Clean the area with a clean, soft towel.
- Repeat 1 or 2 times a day until the blackheads are completely gone.
- You can also leave the cotton ball up against the blackheads overnight.
- In the morning, discard the cotton ball and wash off the affected area with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure as required. Experts recommend using this remedy every night for 2 to 3 days for speedy results.
7. Benzoyl Peroxide
You will find benzoyl peroxide cream readily available in most drug stores. You can use it to effectively to get rid of blackheads in ears as it helps in cleaning the pores and shrinking the size to reduce the impurities, whilst preventing it from recurring in the near future. It also helps in treating acne.
How to Use:
- Take the prescribed quantity of benzoyl peroxide cream on a clean cotton ball.
- Apply this on the blackheads and leave it on for 3 to 4 hours. This gives the cream enough time to unclog blocked pores and kill bacteria that causes the buildup of blackheads.
- Rinse off the application with warm water carefully with your head tilted to the side so that the cream and water do not enter your ear canal.
- Repeat 2 times a day for quick results.
- You can also use benzoyl peroxide cleanser to get rid of blackheads in your ears. Just take a small amount of the cleanser on your fingertips and massage it onto the blackheads and the surrounding area. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remember to tilt your head sideways to prevent the cleanser from the entering your ear canal.
- Rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat this 2 times a day until you notice that the blackheads have disappeared.
Related: How to get rid of ear wax?
8. Blackhead Extractor Tool
Use a blackhead extractor tool with rubbing alcohol, benzoyl peroxide cream and a cotton swab or ball to remove blackheads from your ears. This is a great natural way to eliminate blackheads and ease the pain they cause instantly.
How to Use:
- Firstly, cleanse and exfoliate the affected area properly. This will make the extraction process easier.
- Sterilize the tool with rubbing alcohol and use the loop side of the extractor tool to press down on the blackhead that will help remove impurities trapped within the pores.
- Next, clean the extractor with a rubbing alcohol-dipped cotton swab to avoid infections.
- Now apply some benzoyl peroxide to the affected area where the blackheads were extracted. This will help in preventing blackheads from forming again.
- Repeat this process once or twice to get rid of them right away.
Related: Home remedies for swimmer’s ear
Blackheads are an annoying problem – even more so when they are in your ears. However, with a few helpful home remedies, you can get rid of blackheads in ears and make sure that you prevent further formation. You should bear in mind that if the blackheads do not go away after using a natural remedy or if they have formed deeper in your ear canal or are very painful, it is best to consult a dermatologist.