How to Get Rid of Freckles?: Freckles might sound exotic to some, and foreign to others, but only someone with freckles can really vouch for how big of a menace they really are. Although spots may be the “in” thing in pretty much everything from fashion to design, but there’s just something about them which is unwelcoming on the surface of your skin. So, if you find yourself being victim of “connect the dots” jokes in your group of friends, then this post is for you. Before the next joke breaks out, here are some sure-fire ways to get rid of freckles once and for all.
How to Get Rid of Freckles? Natural Remedies To Remove Freckles
1. Lemon Juice
Before you resort to cosmetics that claim to fade spots, consider lemon juice. Why it stands out is because it possesses skin lightening properties which bleach the dark spots on the skin.
For this remedy:
- Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice to the affected areas and gently massage the area. Leave this on for about fifteen minutes or so before rinsing off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process twice a day.
- You could also make your very own lemon scrub. Halve a lemon and add a teaspoon of sugar to it. Scrub the surface of your skin for a few minutes with your homemade scrub and rinse the surface of your skin with water. Repeat this once or twice a week on a regular basis.
Also read: Natural Skin Lightening Remedies
Buttermilk is yet another natural agent of bleaching, hence can lighten and fade freckles. When applied regularly, it also contributes to the overall health of your skin, making it soft and supple in the process.
With three different ways to incorporate the use of buttermilk, we’re letting you pick your poison!
- Difficulty level one: It’s always the easiest method that’s the most appealing, so we bring you the easiest one first! Simply apply buttermilk over the freckles and leave it on for ten minutes or so. Rinse off with warm water and you are good to go. Repeat two to three times a day.
- Difficulty level two: This one entails two ingredients. You have to mix in a tablespoon of buttermilk with a teaspoon of lemon juice, then apply it on the surface of your skin. Wash it off after ten minutes.
- Difficulty level three: Make a thick paste out of powdered oatmeal, buttermilk, and rosewater. Apply this on the affected skin and leave it on for about thirty minutes before washing it off with cold water.
Must read: How to Get Rid of Scars on Face?
Here is how to get the most out of honey:
- Mix in honey with water and slightly warm the mixture in the microwave. Don’t overdo it though, it might turn out to be more of a bane than a boon. Apply this on the affected areas and allow it to sit for a few minutes. Rinse the area thoroughly with warm water and repeat the process daily for several weeks until you see visible results.
- Make a mixture of honey and yogurt. Apply this on the affected areas and allow it to stay for thirty minutes before washing it away.
- Make a paste out of wheat germ and honey, and use it as a mask. Apply this onto the freckles for about ten minutes. Repeat this twice every week for a few months.
Also read: How to Get Rid of Bruises Fast?
4. Sour Cream
Sour cream is more than a humble companion to every chip. Apparently, it also gets rid of freckles and works well for people with sensitive skin too.
- Apply some sour cream to the affected area, and let it stay until it dries. Instead of washing it off with water, gently wipe off the cream with a tissue or a towel. Slap on some moisturizer soon after and repeat this process once daily until you are freckle-free.
- Rinse the affected areas with sour milk every day. If sour milk isn’t at your disposition, then use yogurt instead.
Must read: How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Skin?
Onions contain a type of acid that is effective in removing dark spots and hence can be used to fade freckles. Also, onions can exfoliate your skin, making way for double benefits. For best results, make use of red onions.
Follow these remedies for best results:
- Cut an onion into thick slices and rub it on the freckles twice a day. Indeed, the tears are inevitable, but the tears will be worth post this treatment!
- You could also grate one large red onion and extract its juice. Apply this juice on the surface of the affected areas. For best results, you can add a teaspoon of vinegar to the onion juice. This is to be repeated daily for a couple of weeks.
Also read: 19 Unbelievable Skin Benefits Of Glycerin
While eggplant might not make its way into most of our tummies despite having made it onto our plates, there’s more to eggplant than just a side to our meals! Incidentally, it can be used to remove freckles, making them less noticeable with time.
1. Slice an eggplant into pieces.
2. Place them over the affected skin
3. Rub them in a circular motion for about ten minutes.
4. Wash it away soon after.
Simple, isn’t it?
Must read: How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips?
Papaya works particularly well in removing freckles. This is due to the presence of papain which is a kind of enzyme that lightens freckles. Consuming papaya on a daily basis is effective as well, but for a more direct approach, make use of the following remedy.
In order to make the most of the remedies that papaya has to offer:
- Apply fresh papaya juice directly on the freckles with a cotton ball.
- Gently massage the area for about ten minutes.
- Rinse your skin with cold water after some time.
- Repeat this process once every day for a few weeks until you see the desired results.
Also read: How to Get Rid of Scabies?
Well, now you know how to tell all those joke tellers that the joke is on them! Before you let freckles get the better of you, nip them in the bud as soon as you possibly can.