How to Get Rid of Upper Lip Hair?: Have you spent loads of money in effort to remove upper lip hair in beauty salons or buying expensive, ineffective products? What if you could get rid of this embarrassing problem at home without spending much cash? You can! There are many home remedies that can naturally get rid of upper lip hair. They are natural and safe, and chances are that you already have the necessary ingredients at home. No matter what the cause for your upper lip hair problem is, you can make sure that you eliminate it and put an end to the unwanted mustache forever.
9 Best Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Upper Lip Hair
Here is a look at some of the best home remedies to help you bid goodbye to your upper lip hair:
1. Milk and Turmeric
You have probably noticed that turmeric powder is a common ingredient in many beauty products. This is because it has properties that benefit the skin in many ways. It cleanses the skin and makes it glow. Milk, on the other hand, contains lactic acid that exfoliates the skin while its amino acids keep it moisturized. Combining these two ingredients works wonders in removing upper lip hair.
How to Use:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of both turmeric powder and milk to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on your upper lip and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Once it is dry and hard, rub it gently and then wash it off.
- Do this once every 2 to 3 days for a couple of weeks.
- You can also use water if you are allergic to dairy.
2. Sugar and Lemon Juice
Did you know that sugar is a great ingredient for natural hair removal? It does not only get rid of unwanted hair, but also prevents its growth. Sugar is also a great natural exfoliating agent. Lemon acts as a natural cleansing and bleaching agent for skin and hair. Used together, sugar and lemon juice can effectively help to get rid of upper lip hair.
How to Use:
- Take 2 tablespoons of sugar in a pan and heat it for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Stir until you get a thick liquid and then let it cool down.
- Apply the liquid on your upper lip area.
- Take a soft cloth and gently put it over the paste, rubbing in circular motions.
- Then, pull the cloth off quickly against the direction of hair growth.
- You can use this homemade hair removal wax as and when you need to.
- You can also add 1 tablespoon of honey to the mixture to keep your skin moisturized.
3. Gram Flour, Turmeric and Yogurt
Gram flour, turmeric and yogurt form a smooth paste together that can remove unwanted upper lip hair when scrubbed off. These three ingredients help in absorbing all of the impurities that clog your pores. This in turn loosens the hair on your upper lip in their follicles, allowing you to easily and painlessly get rid of them. Turmeric and yogurt also have benefits that make your skin glow upon frequent applications.
How to Use:
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of gram flour and yogurt to make a thick paste and add a pinch of turmeric to it.
- Massage the paste on your upper lip.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then gently rub off.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat 2 times a week until you can no longer notice the hair growth on your upper lip.
4. Potato Juice
Did you know that potato juice is known for being a great bleaching agent? Combined with other ingredients, it is an effective natural remedy to get rid of upper lip hair. Like many other remedies, the ingredients mentioned unclog pores and pull away unwanted hair from the upper lip when scrubbed off the skin. One of the components of this remedy, honey, is known to be an excellent natural moisturizer, keeping your skin hydrated after the hair is removed.
How to Use:
- Soak 2 tablespoons of yellow lentils in water overnight. Strain them in the morning.
- Grate a potato and extract the juice.
- Grind the lentils and mix with 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and potato juice to form a paste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix well.
- Apply the paste on your upper lip and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once it has dried, scrub it off.
- Wash your face off with cold water.
- Use twice a week for best results.
- You can also use the paste on your entire face if you like.
Due to its sticky consistency, gelatin makes for a great home remedy to remove unwanted hair. You can pair it up with milk to make a homemade peel-off mask that will not only get rid of upper lip hair, but blackheads as well. The best part of this remedy is that it prevents the skin from drying out, hence keeps your skin nourished.
How to Use:
- Take a small microwave-safe bowl and put 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin, 1 ½ tablespoons of milk and a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix the ingredients well and then place the bowl in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Let the mixture cool down a little. Then, with the help of a popsicle stick, apply a thick layer of the gelatin on your upper lip area.
- Allow it to dry and then peel it off against the direction of hair growth.
- Rinse off your upper lip area with cold water.
6. Egg White, Sugar and Corn Flour
Another good ol’ remedy that works wonders to remove unwanted hair-egg whites. The enzymes it contains help dislodge hair from the follicles while soothing the skin. As you have seen in remedies mentioned earlier, sugar is a superb ingredient for removing unwanted hair, and corn flour helps combine the paste together.
How to Use:
- Mix the white of 1 egg with 1 teaspoon each of sugar and corn flour.
- Whisk the ingredients until you get a sticky paste.
- Apply the paste on your upper lip.
- Leave it for 30 minutes until dry.
- Peel the paste off against the direction of hair growth.
- Repeat 2 times a week and within one month, hair growth in your upper lip area will be significantly reduced.
7. Honey and Lemon Juice
Honey is a great method to get rid of upper lip hair as it works as a mild wax. Lemon juice, on the other hand, contains Vitamin C that bleaches any other minute hair that remains, making the hair too light to notice. Together, these two ingredients will help make sure your unwanted mustache remains a story of the past.
How to Use:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on your upper lip area.
- Soak a soft, clean washcloth in warm water, wring out the excess water and gently wipe off the paste.
- Rinse your face with water.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a week.
8. Brown Sugar Wax
Similar to white sugar, brown sugar makes an excellent homemade wax. It also works extremely well as a scrub. Brown sugar has also proven to be a skin cleanser, making your skin clean, bright and healthy. You will notice that brown sugar is more commonly used in scrubs and home remedies compared to that of white. They both serve the same purpose, however, brown sugar has been proven to be more effective as it is mostly authentic.
How to use:
- Mix 1 cup of brown sugar and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Blend the two ingredients together.
- Heat the mixture until you get a thick consistency.
- Allow it to cool down a little and then using a spatula, spread it on your upper lip area.
- Take a piece of thin cloth and press it over the homemade wax.
- Wait for about 2 minutes and pull the cloth quickly towards your nose.
- Repeat as and when you need to get rid of upper lip hair.
9. Spearmint Tea
Excess facial hair in some women has been linked to excessive production of androgen in the body – this is associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome. In such cases, drinking a few cups of spearmint tea every day can help in controlling the production of androgen and prevent the development of excess hair in the face and body.
How to Use:
- Add a teaspoon of dried spearmint leaves into a cup of boiling hot water.
- Cover the cup and allow the leaves to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and add a little bit of honey to improve the taste.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of this beneficial tea every day.
As you can see, there are a number of simple home remedies to help you get rid of upper lip hair. Why go to painful hair removal treatments in beauty salons or buy hair removal products filled with harmful chemicals? Home remedies are 100% natural and safe and will leave your skin looking beautiful and healthy.